User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valuables Safe 2970RL

Was wondering if anybody has installed a valuables safe in an Imagine 2970RL. Curious what you bought, where you installed it and how you secured it to the structure.

I’m full time living across the country, so need a solution for various small jewelry and important papers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Was wondering if anybody has installed a valuables safe in an Imagine 2970RL. Curious what you bought, where you installed it and how you secured it to the structure.

I’m full time living across the country, so need a solution for various small jewelry and important papers.
    I have not installed one but do have a 2970RL. My question is, "What is behind the panel behind the television?" I haven't opened it up but it seems there is a lot of dead area and would make a great place for a safe.

Other options I would look at:
    • Inside and to the back of either of the wardrobes on each side of the bed.
    • In the back of the other larger wardrobe over the two drawers.
    • Under the bed if you really want to secure it to the floor.
    • A little more difficult but possible would be under the 'coffee bar' area (that's what we use it for). Inside there is the furnace to the left. To the right is a rats nest of wires and the converter. There would most likely be enough room in there to mount it and then put a removable panel on the front to access it.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a MasterLock safe from Lowes, and installed under the bed. Worked perfect for us when we full-timed. Had also bought some fire bags to use as these types of safes are not necessarily fire rated. Kept our jewelry, important papers, etc, in there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Bulldog biometric pistol vault bolted through the floor of the wardrobe (nuts accessible with the drawer out). At least we can leave the door open away from our site.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a SentrySafe 0.8 cubic foot, pry-resistant, waterproof, 1-hour fire-rated safe in our Solitude so my installation is in a totally different coach, but I wanted to say make sure you anchor yours to frame if you want a true sense of security. Anchoring to floor deck or wall or cabinetry can be defeated with a pry bar concealable in a shirt sleeve as there's no substance to these elements of construction! If going fireproof is beyond your budget, put your sensitive documents and items in a fireproof document bag. In fact, I recommend you do that for items in a fireproof safe as well.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are all great ideas. Thank you. Finding something solid to anchor it to is the hardest part in this thing. Both for security and to support any decent amount of weight. Fireproof safes are well over 50 pounds and the closets and storage areas are all flimsy.
    Hiding the safe behind a false panel of some kind might be the only way. I’ll need to spend some time working on it this weekend.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere on the forum I showed our safe install in our Solitude front closet. Probably in the Solitude part of the forum, don't remember its been a long time. I screwed it down to the closet floor inside and under a shelf, and it so covered up with "stuff" stored in the closet you would never know its there. Its normally where a washer and dryer installs. Its not fireproof or fire resistant so its light weight but we bought a fire proof bag to put everything in inside the safe. It has a push button battery combination or you can open it with a key.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    These are all great ideas. Thank you. Finding something solid to anchor it to is the hardest part in this thing. Both for security and to support any decent amount of weight. Fireproof safes are well over 50 pounds and the closets and storage areas are all flimsy.
    Hiding the safe behind a false panel of some kind might be the only way. I’ll need to spend some time working on it this weekend.
    In the 2970RL I thing your best 'supported' options will be under the bed or under the 'coffee bar'. If you installed it under the coffee bar door side up you could actually access it by removing the drawer when you need to get into it.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    In the 2970RL I thing your best 'supported' options will be under the bed or under the 'coffee bar'. If you installed it under the coffee bar door side up you could actually access it by removing the drawer when you need to get into it.
    @NewGuy - Here is an old thread that shows what is behind the panel behind the television. Nothing, apparently.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...421#post290421
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast