User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sewer Gas Odor 2970RL

I’m picking up a sewer gas odor from under the coffee bar in my 2970RL. It seems to show up when I flush my toilet, but not so much when running water in sinks and shower. I pulled the two drawers and stuck my head in there and see the vent lines and a Y connection. I’m suspecting a bad pipe connection or crack somewhere in the vent pipe system, but it’s a very tight area to work in.

Checking to see if anybody has had and tackled this problem in the 2970RL. I saw another thread where it was done in a Reflection 5th wheel, but access points are very different.

Maybe some tips on safely removing the access panels or cabinetry to this area, so I can really get in there. The fuse box is adjacent and the furnace is behind the panels. I’ve never taken the panels apart before, so no idea how well they go back together.
    Jim
    Henderson, NV
    2018 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    I’m picking up a sewer gas odor from under the coffee bar in my 2970RL. It seems to show up when I flush my toilet, but not so much when running water in sinks and shower. I pulled the two drawers and stuck my head in there and see the vent lines and a Y connection. I’m suspecting a bad pipe connection or crack somewhere in the vent pipe system, but it’s a very tight area to work in.

Checking to see if anybody has had and tackled this problem in the 2970RL. I saw another thread where it was done in a Reflection 5th wheel, but access points are very different.

Maybe some tips on safely removing the access panels or cabinetry to this area, so I can really get in there. The fuse box is adjacent and the furnace is behind the panels. I’ve never taken the panels apart before, so no idea how well they go back together.
    I would loosen the the underbelly and look under the trailer. That is the most likely place to look. First make sure your vent line is un-obstructed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post

The panels on the lower part of the cabinet should just be stapled to the frame from the backside. You should also check the vent pipe as @Hokensalem mentioned. Go on the roof to be sure your vent cap still looks good and that some pest didn't build a nest or something in it. I would go in through the belly of the beast before I tried to remove that entire cabinet.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t think going in from underneath would even be possible. Guess I’ll try and see how much room there is to maneuver under there.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To pull some of the above advice together... if you don't have something dripping underneath the trailer or the Coroplast underbelly is not sagging, I would investigate the vent situation before dropping the Coroplast. All of the venting system is on top of the tanks and you can't see it from underneath. If the odors are intermittent, I would suspect venting first - a leak would leave "stuff" on top of the Coroplast which would smell bad all the time. I would recommend checking out the things that @OurNewEra mentioned first.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m on it today. I’ll give you guys an update later on. Thank you.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consider something like this for future...https://www.amazon.com/Endoscope-DEP.../dp/B08P5RZK44. They are cheap and super handy. You can stick the camera down a vent pipe, sneak it behind walls, etc.. Might help you find a crack in the pipe or poor connection. I've used mine for so many things...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Consider something like this for future...https://www.amazon.com/Endoscope-DEP.../dp/B08P5RZK44. They are cheap and super handy. You can stick the camera down a vent pipe, sneak it behind walls, etc.. Might help you find a crack in the pipe or poor connection. I've used mine for so many things...
    Gotta have it! I have a couple home projects this would help with.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xs 2 on those endoscopes! They are worth every dime.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the 2 mega pixels one couple of years ago and finally used while fishing wires thru house's walls/ceiling last month, super handy.
    DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast