User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rockford Fosgate Radio/Bluetooth Recreiver

Has anyone else had a problem with the Rockford Fosgate Radio failing? We have a 2021 310GK just barley over a year old. We've used three time for a total of maybe 3 weeks combined. Rarely used the radio and just recently checked it and I have no power to the radio. Did a voltage check all the way to the radio and have the correct 12Vdc all the way in.
    Is this a high failure item? I've looked at them on Amazon and they seem to have a high failure rate according to the reviews.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A number of us have been on this forum for quite some time. If they are failing at "high failure" rate as you shared, folks are not posting about it here. There have been a few posts regarding the RF radio but no pattern of problems as I recall.

If you wish, you can conduct a search on Rockford Fosgate and see what has been posted. Possibly the folks who have this radio in the various configurations depending on GDRV model will chime in as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Dan,

I did a search for Rockford Fosgate prior to my post on this site and I did not see any info relating to this particular radio. I'll try the RF Radio route and see what pops up.
    I was just frustrated, I maybe had <2 hours of listening time on that radio.

Thanks again for the update and related info.
    Have a great day.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACMEhere View Post
    Hello Dan,

I did a search for Rockford Fosgate prior to my post on this site and I did not see any info relating to this particular radio. I'll try the RF Radio route and see what pops up.
    I was just frustrated, I maybe had <2 hours of listening time on that radio.

Thanks again for the update and related info.
    Have a great day.

Dave
    OK, Dave. I do not do FB but maybe if you do, doing some checking there may help.

Also, Rob @Second Chance has a 310.....possibly Rob has heard of some issues or may have other suggestions. Thanks, in advance Rob.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    OK, Dave. I do not do FB but maybe if you do, doing some checking there may help.

Also, Rob @Second Chance has a 310.....possibly Rob has heard of some issues or may have other suggestions. Thanks, in advance Rob.

Dan
    Our 2020 came with a Jensen... we don't use it anyway. Sorry!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought ours was dead, pushed in the reset for 30 seconds and it came to life.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a RF and use it almost the entire time I'm in my rig. It took me a while to figure out how to manage the volume correctly between inside, outside, phone level and TV level.

But since, it's not missed a beat .. I would suspect power/ground, but you said you checked "all the way in". Can you say more about what you mean by that?
    signature

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had lost the 12vdc into the radio at first. There is an inline fuse and i checked it with my voltmeter and that fuse was working correctly. I then began checking the voltage from the fuse forward into the radio and the 12vdc is available. That is where I stopped, could not go any further without opening the radio itself.
    I read the pamphlet that came with the radio to see if there was some way to reset the system...no joy there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACMEhere View Post
    I then began checking the voltage from the fuse forward into the radio and the 12vdc is available. That is where I stopped, could not go any further without opening the radio itself.
    Hmm.. sounds like you're being pretty thorough!

Could you pull the radio out and bench test it with a separate power supply? That would eliminate anything to do with the rig, for sure.
    signature

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Hmm.. sounds like you're being pretty thorough!

Could you pull the radio out and bench test it with a separate power supply? That would eliminate anything to do with the rig, for sure.
    It's worth a shot, just dread pulling all the cables out. If you've looked behind a radio it is a massive rats nest of wires and cables. Will give it a shot though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast