User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    We stayed at Chula Vista RV Park in the Spring and they said they were closing it this fall. The built a whole new resort up the street, and much more expensive. If you're thinking of Chula Vista, I'd check to see if they're still taking reservations.
    Thanks for the heads up

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    We stayed at Chula Vista RV Park in the Spring and they said they were closing it this fall. The built a whole new resort up the street, and much more expensive. If you're thinking of Chula Vista, I'd check to see if they're still taking reservations.
    They are still open.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    We have never stayed there, but it is definitely not on the shore. It is very close, but not close enough to see or hear from your rig. It looks like there is a very nice walking path that will take you to the beach, looks like 5 to 10 minute walk. Could be nice.

We have stayed at Chula Vista rv park and loved it. It is right next to a marina with nice parks and walking. Kind of surrounded by ship based industrial though. 5 minute car ride takes you to nice restaurants and shopping.
    "Chula Vista RV park" as in the one near H street (near Galley at the Marina restaurant)? they closed Oct 17. The land was sold a couple of years ago to a developer. The owners have bought a new resort (Sun Outdoors San Diego Bay, next to Living Coast Discovery Center). We stayed there a couple of weeks ago. It's nice, real new (trees not real big), but pricey and they have a lot of rules about staying there.

We liked the original Chula Vista RV resort.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. I knew they were closing it for the new location. When we were there in the spring they said they were extended a few months, and last we heard, August was the final month.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    "Chula Vista RV park" as in the one near H street (near Galley at the Marina restaurant)? they closed Oct 17. The land was sold a couple of years ago to a developer. The owners have bought a new resort (Sun Outdoors San Diego Bay, next to Living Coast Discovery Center). We stayed there a couple of weeks ago. It's nice, real new (trees not real big), but pricey and they have a lot of rules about staying there.

We liked the original Chula Vista RV resort.
    Yes, thanks for that. I got an email solicitation just two weeks ago with the old address. Thanks!
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the looks of your avatar, you'll need to run up I-5 & eat at Harris Ranch Restaurant.
    Nothing but Angus beef, good eating, they buy all of our calves.
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    From the looks of your avatar, you'll need to run up I-5 & eat at Harris Ranch Restaurant.
    Thanks John. I’m always happy to receive restaurant recommendations. We had a black baldie steer processed in August and will have ribeyes for dinner tonight. Eat Beef!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9DBED00C-C412-4126-9419-071FC532B319.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	37338
    Last edited by Mike Clay; 10-22-2021 at 06:06 AM.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    If my route is within 100 miles of Harris Ranch, I'm stopping!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    San Elijo state beach in encinitas has some sites with partial hookups. Right on the beach. Best spot on this part of the coast
    2020 Ram CTD 2500 SC SB
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    Planning a trip in April from Tulsa - Amarillo - Albuquerque - Flagstaff - Twentynine Palms - Oceanside. We would like to drive less than 500 miles per day. We want to overnight in the Flagstaff area and near the petrified forest national park. Our destination is a beach, any beach really, on the Pacific Ocean where we can sit for a few days and watch the surf. We are looking at Paradise by The Sea Beach RV Resort in Oceanside, CA but it gets mixed reviews. I’d appreciate any suggestions for full hookup campsites along this route (pull through if possible). We are pulling a 31’ fifth wheel with a 1 ton truck. We are using RV Parky too. Thanks in advance. Mike
    Mike, check this site out... https://rvlife.com/san-diego-rv-parks/ This site probably will have some other places too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast