User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut off valve for shower?

Hi. Wondering if anyone as installed a shut off valve for the shower? We have the typical two knob faucet about waist high where the hose for the shower head comes out the top of the faucet. My wife has a hard time with the "slider" button on the head to interrupt flow while taking the shower - I usually need two hands to switch it back on once I have soap on my hands. Was thinking that if I could find a valve with the right size/threads that has an on/off lever I would like to attach it between the faucet and the hose. Seems like it would be convenient. Any thoughts?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of folks have replaced their shower heads with the Oxygenics which has a good and easy to use shut-off.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Hi. Wondering if anyone as installed a shut off valve for the shower? We have the typical two knob faucet about waist high where the hose for the shower head comes out the top of the faucet. My wife has a hard time with the "slider" button on the head to interrupt flow while taking the shower - I usually need two hands to switch it back on once I have soap on my hands. Was thinking that if I could find a valve with the right size/threads that has an on/off lever I would like to attach it between the faucet and the hose. Seems like it would be convenient. Any thoughts?
    I would not install a shutoff valve. If you do you are going to get a blast of hot water when you turn it back on. I would suggest you get a shower head like the Oxygenics that has a push button. But I believe the Oxygenics leaves a trickle coming out to avoid the blast of hot water.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I would not install a shutoff valve. If you do you are going to get a blast of hot water when you turn it back on. I would suggest you get a shower head like the Oxygenics that has a push button. But I believe the Oxygenics leaves a trickle coming out to avoid the blast of hot water.
    Yes, they do. It's much nicer than getting scalded!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/K1140B-Shower...00HSWPYIG?th=1

I'm happy with this valve from Amazon. However I mounted it on the faucet assembly to hose connection instead of up by the shower head. Makes it lot's more convenient to leave the shower head up on the wall and shut off the water without reaching up.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Suburban

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good point I didn't clarify, the intention is not to shut it off completely but it seems a more convenient way to control the flow vs the current setup. I often find that by the time I get the right temp I have more flow from the faucet than I need. In addition to making it easier for my wife to interrupt the flow, a valve would also allow me to set the level of flow easier once I have the temp I want.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnsbrighton View Post

I'm happy with this valve from Amazon. However I mounted it on the faucet assembly to hose connection instead of up by the shower head. Makes it lot's more convenient to leave the shower head up on the wall and shut off the water without reaching up.
    Yep, that's it. Thanks for sharing, I think this is exactly what I had in mind. Should work perfectly if it fits at the faucet as you have done. Thanks!
    Chad

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ournewera View Post
    i would not install a shutoff valve. If you do you are going to get a blast of hot water when you turn it back on. I would suggest you get a shower head like the oxygenics that has a push button. But i believe the oxygenics leaves a trickle coming out to avoid the blast of hot water.
    agreed...100% !!!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnsbrighton View Post

I also use this between the hose and the 5 way oxygenetics showerhead.
    Works great
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree... go with the Oxygenics. Stable water temperature too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast