User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Oxygenics is a great head. I moved the provided push button valve from the handle of the Oxygenics to the outlet of the hot/cold control valve. Much more convenient location and no longer accidentally shut off the water when handling the shower head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also added this to shower head to stop that cold water drip when I shut off my handheld oxygenics. Works great! No more cold drip

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I would not install a shutoff valve. If you do you are going to get a blast of hot water when you turn it back on. I would suggest you get a shower head like the Oxygenics that has a push button. But I believe the Oxygenics leaves a trickle coming out to avoid the blast of hot water.
    No, you get a blast of COLD water! I have one and every time I use it when I turn it back on the water is ice cold!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with a blast of cold water when you turn off the flow at the shower head is called "cross-flow pressure". The path for the hot water reduces the hot water pressure by 10-20 psi. When both valves are open, the cold water will push up into the shower hose and displace the hot water back down towards the hot water tank resulting in a blast of cold water before the hot water gets back to the shower head. The fix is to put a back-flow preventer (check-valve) on the hot water connection to the faucet and install a cut-off valve on the shower hose where it connects to the faucet. These two parts are screw in place parts. Depending on your situation, you will only need to shorten the hot water line to keep it from pushing down into the basement. Too, you may need to remove the pipe-to-pex fitting and replace with a 90-degree 1/2 inch threaded street elbow to make the bend down towards the basement.

Watch this youtube explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpnNZWdlcfc

Shower Head shutoff Valve, 100% Solid Brass shutoff Valve for shower head,water flow control valve - - Amazon.com
    Amazon.com: Camco 23303 1/2" Back-Flow Preventer - Lead Free : Automotive

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnsbrighton View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/K1140B-Shower...00HSWPYIG?th=1

I'm happy with this valve from Amazon. However I mounted it on the faucet assembly to hose connection instead of up by the shower head. Makes it lot's more convenient to leave the shower head up on the wall and shut off the water without reaching up.
    Agree with @hnsbrighton here. We have a similar item from Amazon placed right out of ther shower head where the shower hose would tighten. Works wonders, never had an issue with scalding hot water when switching on and off. Plus agree with everyone else about the shower head. We replaced ours with this model - love the pressure even just using the pump and not city water supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    The problem with a blast of cold water when you turn off the flow at the shower head is called "cross-flow pressure". The path for the hot water reduces the hot water pressure by 10-20 psi. When both valves are open, the cold water will push up into the shower hose and displace the hot water back down towards the hot water tank resulting in a blast of cold water before the hot water gets back to the shower head. The fix is to put a back-flow preventer (check-valve) on the hot water connection to the faucet and install a cut-off valve on the shower hose where it connects to the faucet. These two parts are screw in place parts. Depending on your situation, you will only need to shorten the hot water line to keep it from pushing down into the basement. Too, you may need to remove the pipe-to-pex fitting and replace with a 90-degree 1/2 inch threaded street elbow to make the bend down towards the basement.

Watch this youtube explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpnNZWdlcfc

Shower Head shutoff Valve, 100% Solid Brass shutoff Valve for shower head,water flow control valve - - Amazon.com
    Amazon.com: Camco 23303 1/2" Back-Flow Preventer - Lead Free : Automotive
    Wow, who knew? Thanks, I have had this problem with every trailer we have had! Only problem, I don't think I have an access to the back of my shower? So it may not be as easy as the screw on in the video? My trailer is plumbed kind of strange anyway, in that the hot water heater is directly under my vanity, but takes about a solid minute to get water to the sink! My shower is about 5 feet from the hot water heater and takes about two minutes to get hot water! The shower takes longer than my last trailer that had the hot water heater about 25 feet from the shower? They must have left a 25 foot coil of tubing under the floor! Anyway, thanks a lot for the information, I may look into making that mod to my trailer if it is not going to be a pain! I have so many things to "fix" already, it may take a while to get to it! Already made a few mods.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done the mod on six trailers, 3 of my own on past and present. You don't need access to the back of the shower knobs, usually. Pull out the four screws and look behind the faucet. There the lines usually run down the wall. You only need to unscrew the one for hot and push it down to put in the back-flow preventer. If there is a 90-degree connector on the faucet that has PEX straight to it, you will have to cut it off and replace it with a 90-degree street-l 90 (1/2 inch male threads to 1/2 inch female threads). Then put on a connecter that will convert from 1/2 inch NPT (to go on the back-flow preventer) and connect back to a PEX fitting. I use the flair-it fitting. No need to crimp. A little heat on the PEX makes it easier to get into the PEX.

https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16873-P...7&sr=8-10&th=1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    I have done the mod on six trailers, 3 of my own on past and present. You don't need access to the back of the shower knobs, usually. Pull out the four screws and look behind the faucet. There the lines usually run down the wall. You only need to unscrew the one for hot and push it down to put in the back-flow preventer. If there is a 90-degree connector on the faucet that has PEX straight to it, you will have to cut it off and replace it with a 90-degree street-l 90 (1/2 inch male threads to 1/2 inch female threads). Then put on a connecter that will convert from 1/2 inch NPT (to go on the back-flow preventer) and connect back to a PEX fitting. I use the flair-it fitting. No need to crimp. A little heat on the PEX makes it easier to get into the PEX.

https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16873-P...7&sr=8-10&th=1
    Ok, great! I thought I might be able to access from the front. Thanks for the details. I thought of getting a Pex tool just to have on hand since everything is going to pex now. I will probably try and do this, I hate getting blasted with cold water when we camp at places that does not have sewer hook ups! Have you not had any of the flair fittings leak? I have used them on copper, but the plastic ones scare me?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So which Oxygenics shower head is everyone using? Also what type of handheld shower head are you replacing?... the OEM one in my 337RLS while not multi function it does work fantastic!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnsbrighton View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/K1140B-Shower...00HSWPYIG?th=1

I'm happy with this valve from Amazon. However I mounted it on the faucet assembly to hose connection instead of up by the shower head. Makes it lot's more convenient to leave the shower head up on the wall and shut off the water without reaching up.

Does the female threaded end of this valve swivel so one could position the little valve handle exactly where they want it to be? If it doesn't swivel then I wouldn't have enough room to twist it onto my shower faucet.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast