User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had problem with door on 21 solitude.the problem was the bottom hinge was not seated against the frame.took pictures and called lippert they sent new door. then grand design sent me the decals and payed to have door InstalledClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210510_110028.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	38082

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please call Grand Design support. We found a similar issue with the dealer telling us they were waiting on Grand Design but Grand Design could prove that the part was already there. IMHO the Dealers are fat and lazy and prefer cash customers to low return warranty service. That service seller to buyer power ratio will soon turn. Remember that those who did not treat you right now are certainly not friends. Find new friends and service providers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Had a tear in the flooring from too long of a screw bolting down the table. They attempted to patch the flooring by cutting out two "boards and gluing down replacements. It was curling up at edges and clearly not going to be resistant to wear and tear being in a high traffic area and under a slide. They patched it a second time when I was under the impression they were going to replace the entire piece so it would be continuous as it should be in a new unit. Waiting to hear from them now. [ATTACH=CONFIG]38085
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails floor.JPG  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    Have been waiting for a door on 260 RD since September, dealer says claim was approved in October but as of today they have not received parts. Dealer told me he has four other GD units with door issues. Have only been able to use unit for 4 days since we picked it up in June
    The dealer and warranty are not the issues. It is parts/supplies. You will find that true with almost everything from building construction to cars or boats. Supply is a significant issue and that we brought on ourselves by making these items outside the US. I got an oil change on my F350 dually diesel a couple of weeks ago and while my Ford dealer has no new cars due to the chip issue, I noticed a number of cars and trucks parked beside the service department. They are waiting for parts. That is an issue with appliances and the list goes on.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twerner352 View Post
    Yes. Had a tear in the flooring from too long of a screw bolting down the table. They attempted to patch the flooring by cutting out two "boards and gluing down replacements. It was curling up at edges and clearly not going to be resistant to wear and tear being in a high traffic area and under a slide. They patched it a second time when I was under the impression they were going to replace the entire piece so it would be continuous as it should be in a new unit. Waiting to hear from them now. [ATTACH=CONFIG]38085
    Wow, how does that get by the manger of the shop. That’s a hack job

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should of asked for the “deluxe repair”. That consists of a color coordinated throw rug.
    That service dept has got some real talented techs.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I wish everyone thought like this....

Most people want to bring it in and let it see for free storage while waiting on part's. Doesn't seem like many want to haul it home again and then bring it back when parts are here.

Hence, we have almost 150 units just sitting on our lot for Service/Body work.
    My thoughts are, except for serious cases, to never bring the trailer in for warranty work. I want to use my trailer, not wait in line for it to be fixed.

Before I bought a GD, I called their warranty dept and talked with a guy about how warranty would work with me providing the labour.
    They said they would have no problem sending me the parts so long as I sent photos supporting my claims along with a brief description. They would evaluate the claim.
    I've had three issues with my 303 and all were handled quickly by GD warranty sending me the parts. Replaced those parts in between trips. Perfect in my opinion - never lost a day of camping due to warranty repairs.
    One time they actually sent me a spare part as a goodwill gesture.
    To those that think 'that's not right', the dealer should provide the labour......I'm ok with me doing the work. I think I do a better job. More interested in doing a 'perfect' repair.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    My thoughts are, except for serious cases, to never bring the trailer in for warranty work. I want to use my trailer, not wait in line for it to be fixed.

Before I bought a GD, I called their warranty dept and talked with a guy about how warranty would work with me providing the labour.
    They said they would have no problem sending me the parts so long as I sent photos supporting my claims along with a brief description. They would evaluate the claim.
    I've had three issues with my 303 and all were handled quickly by GD warranty sending me the parts. Replaced those parts in between trips. Perfect in my opinion - never lost a day of camping due to warranty repairs.
    One time they actually sent me a spare part as a goodwill gesture.
    To those that think 'that's not right', the dealer should provide the labour......I'm ok with me doing the work. I think I do a better job. More interested in doing a 'perfect' repair.
    That's good to know GD is willing to let the customer perform the warranty work. I need to call them about my warranty repair that my local GD dealer would not perform, so I did it on my dime.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Scott'n'Wendy

I'm in agreement with you... most times if it's something you can tackle it's worth doing it yourself. During a 5 day power outage at my house I went to use the shower in my rig and it wouldn't fire up on propane. I quickly diagnosed the problem to the circuit board, specifically the output voltage to the ignitor itself... 0 volts. After calls back and forth with the dealership service manager she wanted me to schedule an appointment to bring it in for them to diagnose it so I decided to call GD Customer Service. Half hour later I get a call back from the dealership to bring them the circuit board and they would test it and replace it if it failed. I made the 1 hr drive and sure enough the bench test showed no output voltage at the ignitor terminal on the board. They had several that matched and also one that was used but had just been taken off of a 6 month old water heater that leaked. The parts manager gave me a brand new circuit board and then the service tech walked me out of the shop area, and as he did he handed me the "used" circuit board and told me to keep it as a spare!
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-09-2021 at 08:22 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    The dealer and warranty are not the issues. It is parts/supplies.
    I beg to differ, at least in my experience. I have stated in a prior post that I have gone through 4 service advisors in the year that I've had my trailer. Warranty work did not get done because either they lied to me or just did not do what I asked them to. The first advisor I had got fired, not sure what happened to the other two. The fellow that did my PDI also had a negative attitude, he gave me the impression that I was bothering him. He gave me answers like "Grand Design won't let us fix that". Really? Call GD and let them decide. Well, the couple of very minor things he did reference that with did eventually did get fixed. I think I finally got assigned a good advisor with this fourth one, she seemed like she really cared, and all of my minor problems are finally fixed. And, just for the record, I do fix most of my own problems when I can. It's difficult, as I live in a condo and have to store my trailer at a storage facility, so I do my repairs either while prepping to leave on a trip, during a trip, or when I return before it goes back in storage.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast