User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It's going to be rough to get to talk anyone this week, the Office closes today and all the Rep's are on holiday break until January 3rd.

I'll check with my Rep to see if he covers up there, but I don't believe he does.
    Steve, appreciate you checking with your rep.....nice of you !

I have been txting my GDRV contact and they are ready to help if necessary.

Hopefully this team effort from all posting on this thread will help Robin and John get this resolved and get rid of that "bad taste" lingering. Never want to see any new owner start out on the wrong foot particularly with something that s/b easy to resolve to everyone's satisfaction.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Steve, appreciate you checking with your rep.....nice of you !

I have been txting my GDRV contact and they are ready to help if necessary.

Hopefully this team effort from all posting on this thread will help Robin and John get this resolved and get rid of that "bad taste" lingering. Never want to see any new owner start out on the wrong foot particularly with something that s/b easy to resolve to everyone's satisfaction.

Dan
    Thank you all very much. I've been on the phone with GD inside sales and customer service and it doesn't appear there is much they can do per Steve's comment. The Sales rep works with this dealership and says GD has received some complaints about the process from others. GD said they would work with the dealership from a warranty start-date perspective since they were going to keep it over winter (citing holding off delivery dates provided to GD until April for Canadian customers). Nobody is in the dealership due to the time of year and illness (some of the finance folks) so even though they'd like to book the sale before end of month/year, not sure the right people are in to do so.

We will probably push forward and clear the financing so that at least we have that in place if we decide to go ahead. At that point, they might be more amenable to some contract language that gives us some protection.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    That's what the salesman is telling me - no prep until I pay in full. They won't schedule a walk through until after they do their PDI which is after I pay them.
    Keep in mind that even though you signed and it’s under contract, until you physically move it off the lot, ie “take delivery”, you have the option to walk. Me, no way in hell would I buy one without a thorough inspection….by me or an independent tech, there’s is simply too much at stake. If you need work rv dealers are notorious for long delays and that’s assuming they will even work on your unit.
    check your state laws on this but I think its true most or all states.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes sense, but the dealer is unwilling. Too many already sold and being prepped in the shop, snow and ice outside, teens and 20s, no electric, propane, water, batteries unless I purchase it first. Quite a difference between Northgate and the place I ordered from. The salesman told me, if I don't want it, he won't have any problem selling it to someone else.

I do intend on discussing with the management team if they are willing but I'm not optimistic as they could probably sell it for more since the last rounds of price increases.
    I drove over 200 miles to buy from NorthGate in Georgia, because I talked to GD about not going to my local dealer because of some of the same issues you talked about! Grand Design told me NorthGate was one of their best dealers! So, If you are on this forum and are close to Northgate, it would be well worth your time to drive a reasonable distance to buy from them! The were great to deal with! I have read this at least a dozen times on this site, everyone seems to have the same opinion about Northgate!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minimal down so no big loss other than 23% off August MSRP. I don't think they are hiding anything - it's a big dealership conglomerate (Campers Inn) and their inventory is overflowing - every time I go there all their bays are filled prepping newly sold units. Folks I know that have bought from them (including me once before) haven't been unhappy with the delivered product. It's just rubbing me the wrong way. I should have pressed it when I ordered.

I bought my Solitude from Campers Inn in Myrtle Beach. I am pretty sure that I did the PDI before signing the papers. While I was signing up they got the rig ready for travel.
    There is a campground on the same block as the dealer, so I stayed there overnight. While at the campground I discovered that the water heater didn't work on electric. I called Campers Inn and they sent 2 techs over to the campground to check it out. It turned out that the switch was off in the hot water bay. That was my first Suburban water heater, so I didn't know about the switch.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I bought my Solitude from Campers Inn in Myrtle Beach. I am pretty sure that I did the PDI before signing the papers.
    That's an interesting statement as it is a 'family-owned' conglomerate. The Merrimack location is telling me that their PDI post-payment process has been in place for 5-6 years. I've talked with Grand Design and they have had other complaints on the purchase process with Campers Inn. I assumed it was all locations. Maybe another call to GD to see if that is specific to Merrimack.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    Keep in mind that even though you signed and it’s under contract, until you physically move it off the lot, ie “take delivery”, you have the option to walk.
    I hear you but it's complicated.
    1) We can walk, deposit is minimal - dealer already told us that.
    2) Base MSRP when we ordered was $87K price held - now $123K subject to any additional increases.
    3) I can't find an independent tech (NVRIA can't either) in the entire New England area that will look at a 5th wheel - only Class A's
    4) Still trying to let me witness their 3 day PDI 255 point check - I'd be OK with that.
    5) I can't get it into my driveway until ice/snow melt - probably March - so it stays at dealership until then.
    6) If I were to order another, I'd lose another year maybe and quality could be better or worse.
    Nothing in life (even life anymore) is guaranteed and I'm not getting any younger - this would be the last year I'd probably entertain purchasing one.
    7) Not many laws in the 'Live Free or Die' state to protect the consumer.
    8) We have purchased from them before with only one problem which we didn't notice until we kicked the furnace on in Flagstaff.

Yep, I have a lot of heartburn on this and we haven't made a decision. But I'm not seeing many options to put a few years into traveling around the country I've flown over ad infinitum for decades.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought from Camper's Inn in Clarksville, IN back in March. Did PDI while they were getting the paperwork ready. While we did paperwork, they readied the rig and hooked it up to the truck. Was a good process and experience.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an interesting statement as it is a 'family-owned' conglomerate. The Merrimack location is telling me that their PDI post-payment process has been in place for 5-6 years. I've talked with Grand Design and they have had other complaints on the purchase process with Campers Inn. I assumed it was all locations. Maybe another call to GD to see if that is specific to Merrimack.
    It was a Campers Inn that we refused to do business with! I was in our local Campers Inn several times and were lied to and deceived each time! I called Grand Design and told them I refused to do business with them, that is when they put me in touch with Northgate in Ringgold Ga. I have personally talked with about 6 people local that purchased a Grand Design and not a single one purchased from our local Campers Inn!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads like this are becoming all to common on this and other forums. At some point we have got to realize that RV dealers are not like automobile dealers. They are not franchises, they are "customers" of Grand Design and other RV manufacturers. To me that means GD has little control over their practices, within reason I'm sure. How many companies are going to slap the hand of their customers?

It seems it all comes down to the buyer making good choices, like Mr. Parker did. I can't imagine anyone buying a product and paying for it without being able to thoroughly inspect it before payment is due, unless there is a good return policy.

Also, the RV industry has clearly showed it's intentions by not allowing customers to place an order and deliver the product at that price. How do you think Walmart would react to placing a multi-million dollar order with a company only having the company to bill them at 4% higher after delivery?

So much has changed in the last two years, and we as consumers of products have agreed to accept it.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast