User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    None that I know of.

One option is to get a line conditioner like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PJ6NPO...S4EHR9XQ4VCT03 or this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00007KQKJ...XH9GYYQEHCMMDH

But both of those are 110 vac conditioners.

If you want one for the 240 vac outlet, you are going to have too build one, or pay someone to build one for him. I didn't find any on Amazon, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, great info, that would work. Do you think the 240V cloths dryer would be ok with 10% THD? Once again thanks for your advise, I can tell you know a lot about this do you work in this field?
    Rich
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    Thanks, great info, that would work. Do you think the 240V cloths dryer would be ok with 10% THD? Once again thanks for your advise, I can tell you know a lot about this do you work in this field?
    Rich
    Rich
    I can't say for sure, but it SHOULD be. If it's one of the programmable types, it might have problems. If it's one that just has a dial to select the time and heat, then it should be fine.

Nope, I am a hobby electrical engineer. No degree, just a huge interest in micro electronics. A lot of that knowledge can be applied to greater electrical forces, although I'm most comfortable below 24 vdc.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I can't say for sure, but it SHOULD be. If it's one of the programmable types, it might have problems. If it's one that just has a dial to select the time and heat, then it should be fine.

Nope, I am a hobby electrical engineer. No degree, just a huge interest in micro electronics. A lot of that knowledge can be applied to greater electrical forces, although I'm most comfortable below 24 vdc.

Got it. Best to you and your family, during the season.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    Got it. Best to you and your family, during the season.
    Rich
    Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never once drained the carb in my Onan, run it once a month for 20-30 mins, use Stabil w alky-gas, never had in 15yrs and several diff generators

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rich T

I was wondering which Champion dual fuel generator did you get? Do you have any issues with it?
    We just bought a Champion 2500 Duel Fuel generator for my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. We were originally going to get the 2000W generator but the 2500 was cheaper during the Black Friday sales.
    We have a Ridgid 6800W 30A, 120/240V generator we use at home that I back feed the house with from my garage electric panel. Longest continuous use was for 5 days back in the June of 2019. I can run pretty much everything I want but just need to be selective when using certain things. I keep my clothes dryer, dishwasher, and electric water heater breakers off while the generator is running, we also have a propane stove in our inlaws suite that helps. If we want to use the water heater I turn off anything else with large current drawing capacity including refrigerators, freezers, and our septic tank pump. It takes about a half hour to heat the water and after everyone is done with showers, the breaker gets turned back off and everything else goes back on. Never had a problem in the 8+ years I've been doing it this way and I believe I could also follow the same routine for using the dryer. We've never had a problem with TV's or other electronics but we do refrain from using the computer unless all of the high current drawing items listed above are off. The 10% distortion is a max and is seldom seen, especially if you limit the use of items that can cause the generator to rapidly increase it's output. I also make sure the generators low idle switch is turned off so the RPMs and voltage output varies less.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

RIDGID GENERATOR:
    https://youtu.be/Em2h4BWATXc
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-25-2021 at 05:44 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234