User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Price increase again

Looks like it is 4% across all brands this time......

"Anything offline prior to January 1st 2022 is excluded from the 4% price increase regardless of it being a stock unit or a retail sold unit. All
    units offline January 1st, 2022, and beyond, plus all orders in the system regardless of whether it is a stock
    unit, or a retail sold unit WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE 4% PRICE INCREASE. "
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict two more increases by Spring based on what I am dealing with just in price increases to ship raw materials!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I predict two more increases by Spring based on what I am dealing with just in price increases to ship raw materials!
    I believe it also. Things aren't going to change for the better for awhile.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the price increases have pretty much convinced us to quit looking at new upgrades, since there is nothing really wrong with our "vintage" 303 we will just do the usual upkeep and a couple interior upgrades. Unless someone drops a winning lottery ticket in our laps.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    All the price increases have pretty much convinced us to quit looking at new upgrades, since there is nothing really wrong with our "vintage" 303 we will just do the usual upkeep and a couple interior upgrades. Unless someone drops a winning lottery ticket in our laps.
    I have been thinking much the same. Thought about upgrading to a 5th wheel but I think unless I find a really good deal on a resale unit it really doesn't make sense to try to upgrade now.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

"Anything offline prior to January 1st 2022 is excluded from the 4% price increase regardless of it being a stock unit or a retail sold unit. All
    units offline January 1st, 2022, and beyond, plus all orders in the system regardless of whether it is a stock
    Is it getting any easier for you to get inventory now?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcy,

I admire y'all - you're likely in the earliest GD RV on the forum. I won't relate the whole story behind it, but a young OXFAM water engineer we knew in Somalia would put on his best John Wayne voice (wasn't too bad for a Brit) and say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carol and I were just talking about this as well the other evening. Since the first Solitudes (369 model) were introduced in 2013 the Solitude line in general has increased about or more than double in less than 10 years. Seems early 369 owners were buying them in the $50K (low to mid) range withe pretty much the 30% off MSRP. Yes, GDRV was a new startup so many expected this. Heck our October, 2013 built 303 had a MSRP of $49Kish being bough by most for mid $30K range.

Our 2012 loaded LTZ HD2500 had a MSRP of around $66K. I can order a new loaded LTZ (with no discount) for about $78K. I have never paid MSRP on any of our new vehicles/RVs/boats/jet skis/snowmobiles and do not plan to do so now. The pendulum will swing back at some point to some more reasonable as it always does.

The RV industry (yes there have been all kinds of materials/labor increases requiring the need to increase pricing) seems to have been increasing much more rapidly. The RV industry (maybe outdoor industries in general) seem to be really taking advantage of the situation. For comparable GDRV RVs to have MSRPs nearly twice (100% increase) from 10 years ago and a new truck to retail for 20% more raises red flags.

I have not looked any any other brands of RVs to see if their pricing has been as rapid and as high as GDRV. I suspect may on the forum have and can comment on this.

Marcy, like your and Gary, we will hang onto our 303 and truck for a while and see what happens. Heck I have been thinking about ordering a new C8 Vette and may just do that instead ! Carol said that sounds like a good idea !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were thinking of going to a fiver, but like many others we will wait it out or potentially go used when the time comes.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

Steve, in your experience is this a typical new year consumer price index increase or is this year dramatically different from the past? I don't have a good reference point for price increases from year-to-year to know how different this increase is from normal annual RV prices increases. Appreciate the insights!
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast