Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebike rack

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @traveldawg

I also recommend the Swagman bike bag as it completely envelopes the bikes keeping them dry and (mostly) dust free when traveling.[/QUOTE]

We use this cover from Formosa...the clear panels add extra visibility of the brake lights and turn signals.

Formosa Covers Bike Cover for Car, Truck, RV, SUV Transport on Rack - Protection While You Roadtrip or Perfect for Home Storage, Reflectors 3 Sizes (1 Bike, 2 Bikes, and 4 Bikes) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WENDUS...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @traveldawg

I also recommend the Swagman bike bag as it completely envelopes the bikes keeping them dry and (mostly) dust free when traveling.

We use this cover from Formosa...the clear panels add extra visibility of the brake lights and turn signals.

Formosa Covers Bike Cover for Car, Truck, RV, SUV Transport on Rack - Protection While You Roadtrip or Perfect for Home Storage, Reflectors 3 Sizes (1 Bike, 2 Bikes, and 4 Bikes) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WENDUS...ing=UTF8&psc=1[/QUOTE]

I've been looking at that Formosa cover. I think it might be wider at the top. With the Swagman I have to rotate and tilt the handlebars so the bag zips with 2 bikes mounted.

How many bikes do you carry?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    [/COLOR]

Formosa Covers Bike Cover for Car, Truck, RV, SUV Transport on Rack - Protection While You Roadtrip or Perfect for Home Storage, Reflectors 3 Sizes (1 Bike, 2 Bikes, and 4 Bikes) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WENDUS...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    I've been looking at that Formosa cover. I think it might be wider at the top. With the Swagman I have to rotate and tilt the handlebars so the bag zips with 2 bikes mounted.

How many bikes do you carry?[/QUOTE]

I carry (2) 21 speed Schwinn bikes...nothing fancy. Handlebars at opposite ends. Plenty of room for two bikes, the cover zippers all the way to the bottom and wraps around the bike rack tight up to the hitch. Plenty of sewn in adjustable straps to take away any billowing. Take a look at the 3rd post in this thread at the Swagman bike rack I use on my RV, it sticks out pretty far and this cover fits easily over all of it.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-30-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    [/COLOR]

How many bikes do you carry?[/QUOTE]

We also use the Formsa cover along with a cargo net. It has enough space on top to leave the handle bars in their normal position. I choose to rotate 90 degrees to allow for more space between the inside bike and the camper rear window. Works excellent in keeping the E-Bikes clean and it never hurts to have them covered at the campsite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	38316

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Hollywood RV Rider on the back of our 303 rls. Love it! Does nor budge or bounce. We have 2 Rad Rad Rover ebikes at 70lbs each. Can also use I. Back of our truck hitch when not pulling. We have a Formosa xl bike cover but hard to see taillights on the back, not too bad if you have a wider body RV though
    Last edited by Valerie1; 01-05-2022 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Addition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a Hollywood RV1600-A. Pretty heavy duty, and have no problems so far a couple hundred miles at a time. Have not done any out of state trips though, but believe it would hold up.
    Perry & Denise. 2021 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel; 2020 F-350 6.7 LTR Power Stroke diesel, Crew Cab SRW SB. Firestone air bags, Super Glide 16k slider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One-up. It’s a bit pricey but well built.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1Up for us. Made in the USA and rated for RV'S , specifically 5th wheels or TT. We have 2 Townies, 50# a piece and have driven 20k+ miles with no problems.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    What's everyone using for bike rack for 5th wheel ? Looking like stock is not good so if i order now may have before spring .
    We got a front trailer hitch and a Hollywood Ebike rack.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1up USA. Traveled from Georgia to California and back with two ebikes (ride1usa700’s). Performed flawlessly. Pricey but worth the cost for the piece of mind !
    Carol and Tom
    2020 Reflection 311 BHS
    2013 F250, 6.7 diesel, 4x4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast