User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Is it getting any easier for you to get inventory now?
    Well, we have more inventory now, but mostly because of the slower sales now that local campgrounds have closed for the season.

As far as actually getting new units, it's still the same. 4 to 5 months on almost everything, not many stock pieces to be had.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Steve, in your experience is this a typical new year consumer price index increase or is this year dramatically different from the past? I don't have a good reference point for price increases from year-to-year to know how different this increase is from normal annual RV prices increases. Appreciate the insights!
    Typically, there is a price increase in Spring, but this whole year has been crazy. The increase is almost at 30% total since January 2021.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Heck I have been thinking about ordering a new C8 Vette and may just do that instead ! Carol said that sounds like a good idea !

Dan
    That sounds like a go ahead. Not a bad price point on the C8s now - less than my truck.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carol and I were just talking about this as well the other evening. Since the first Solitudes (369 model) were introduced in 2013 the Solitude line in general has increased about or more than double in less than 10 years. Seems early 369 owners were buying them in the $50K (low to mid) range withe pretty much the 30% off MSRP. Yes, GDRV was a new startup so many expected this. Heck our October, 2013 built 303 had a MSRP of $49Kish being bough by most for mid $30K range.

Our 2012 loaded LTZ HD2500 had a MSRP of around $66K. I can order a new loaded LTZ (with no discount) for about $78K. I have never paid MSRP on any of our new vehicles/RVs/boats/jet skis/snowmobiles and do not plan to do so now. The pendulum will swing back at some point to some more reasonable as it always does.

The RV industry (yes there have been all kinds of materials/labor increases requiring the need to increase pricing) seems to have been increasing much more rapidly. The RV industry (maybe outdoor industries in general) seem to be really taking advantage of the situation. For comparable GDRV RVs to have MSRPs nearly twice (100% increase) from 10 years ago and a new truck to retail for 20% more raises red flags.

I have not looked any any other brands of RVs to see if their pricing has been as rapid and as high as GDRV. I suspect may on the forum have and can comment on this.

Marcy, like your and Gary, we will hang onto our 303 and truck for a while and see what happens. Heck I have been thinking about ordering a new C8 Vette and may just do that instead ! Carol said that sounds like a good idea !

Dan

Them Vettes sure are pretty. That would definitely say hmm.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 12-30-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as GD keeps selling them as fast as their building them, I’d keep jacking up the prices as well. Eventually they will outprice themselves and start dropping the cost. When or if that happens is anyones guess.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my 5th wheel in for service on December 1st. It’s one of the larger dealers in Minnesota. Their lot was absolutely packed with new units. I was really surprised. Meanwhile, one of the larger Chevy dealers has very little inventory. It’s all very odd.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Typically, there is a price increase in Spring, but this whole year has been crazy. The increase is almost at 30% total since January 2021.
    We bought in January. Been thinking about upgrading to a 5th wheel for years. Kinda a spur of the moment purchase. I figured we aren’t getting younger so just do it. Paid $48,000 for a new 2021 303RLS. If we got the same discount, which I doubt we would, it would be $65,500 today. As much as I love our 5th wheel, we would not buy at today’s price.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Looks like it is 4% across all brands this time......

"Anything offline prior to January 1st 2022 is excluded from the 4% price increase regardless of it being a stock unit or a retail sold unit. All
    units offline January 1st, 2022, and beyond, plus all orders in the system regardless of whether it is a stock
    unit, or a retail sold unit WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE 4% PRICE INCREASE. "
    And the quality is going down. How much more are consumers willing to take.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In December we traded our fifth wheel in on a new 260RD and the dealer gave us more for our unit than what we paid for originally. The quality of work in a Grand Design is way better than a Forest River unit. Your pricing is going to depend on your dealer. Trust me , we went to three different dealers for the same unit.
    Jill and Mark
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Silverado LTZ HD Duramax
    (Previously Salem Hemisphere 286RL)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a quote!

Our 2012 loaded LTZ HD2500 had a MSRP of around $66K. I can order a new loaded LTZ (with no discount) for about $78K. I have never paid MSRP on any of our new vehicles/RVs/boats/jet skis/snowmobiles and do not plan to do so now. The pendulum will swing back at some point to some more reasonable as it always does.
    At 10 years old, you should get a quote on the 2012 and buy a new rig. You'd be shocked how much they'll give you.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast