Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stabilizer Bars

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stabilizer Bars

Any feedback on these bar kits for stabilizer jacks? The JT StrongArms, BAL kit or the Lippert bars. Price, Quality, Effectiveness.

Our 2950 gets the wiggles with its scissor jacks. I like the idea of the bar folding up with the jack and the heim joint. Some of the prices are steep, maybe worth it though for a quality product to eliminate the wiggles. Some buyers said they had to modify the installation hardware for their specific type of stabilizer jack, but no biggie.

We will be looking into these.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2950RL gets a little wobbly too. I've discovered that too much load on the scissor jacks make it worse. I just read on another rv site about adding a third set of jacks behind the door steps. They said it improved overall stability and really helped with the flex in the frame when someone uses the steps. I don't think the jacks are very expensive. I might try it.
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Any feedback on these bar kits for stabilizer jacks? The JT StrongArms, BAL kit or the Lippert bars. Price, Quality, Effectiveness.

Our 2950 gets the wiggles with its scissor jacks. I like the idea of the bar folding up with the jack and the heim joint. Some of the prices are steep, maybe worth it though for a quality product to eliminate the wiggles. Some buyers said they had to modify the installation hardware for their specific type of stabilizer jack, but no biggie.

We will be looking into these.
    I'm in the process of installing them on my 307. I have them done on the front end and they seem to have eliminated the wiggle in the bedroom/bathroom.

I still have to install the two arms to the rear jacks. Due to them being immediately behind the rear wheels rather that the actual rear corners of the RV, I don't have high expectations that the wiggle in the rear kitchen will be eliminated. Should know by the end of this week.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess the wiggles isn't a huge thing, more annoying than anything else, almost makes it feel like I'm back aboard ship again. Adding a scissor jack around or aft of the steps might help. I can also see where having too much load on the jacks could make it worse. I had my wife walk across the floor as I was outside watching the scissor jacks and I could actually see them move and flex.
    I think it would be more of an issue to resolve if we were full timing, at the moment we are just weekenders, but its still annoying.

We have only had our RV since late April, but we have set aside a budget for improvements to our RV and towing vehicle, rear camera, tongue weight scale, TPS monitoring, heated fresh water line hose, truck bed tool & storage box, ladder, stabilizer bars for the jacks etc. trying to set priorities for the items on our list for improvements.
    We have also begun budgeting for eventual maintenance, repairs and replacements for our RV and towing vehicle like tires, seal and roof treatment and the like.

If stabilizing bars for the scissor jacks would make for a substantial difference based on the expense for them, we might move them up on the priority list. Just wondered what you all had experienced.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    I'm in the process of installing them on my 307. I have them done on the front end and they seem to have eliminated the wiggle in the bedroom/bathroom.

I still have to install the two arms to the rear jacks. Due to them being immediately behind the rear wheels rather that the actual rear corners of the RV, I don't have high expectations that the wiggle in the rear kitchen will be eliminated. Should know by the end of this week.

Did the arms take care of the wiggle? I have the 337 and the spare tire is in the way of the steadyfast. I can install the strongarms but i'm not if they don't help the rear wiggle. Did you install the strong arms behind the wheels and did it help? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    Did the arms take care of the wiggle? I have the 337 and the spare tire is in the way of the steadyfast. I can install the strongarms but i'm not if they don't help the rear wiggle. Did you install the strong arms behind the wheels and did it help? thanks
    Yes, I installed them behind the rear wheels. They didn't totally eliminate the rear wiggle, but did reduce it. My wife was very sensitive to the movement when we started this in 2017 but hast gotten used to it to the point that I don't always tighten them down if we are just doing an overnight stop. I also bought the x-chocks to put between the tires. Not sure they do much, so haven't put them in for a couple of years.

If you do proceed with the Strongarms, I'd strongly recommend you add something to the autolevel control panel to remind you to loosen them before proceeding with hooking back up. It will be a sound you never want to hear again if you forget to loosen them : - (
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    If you do proceed with the Strongarms, I'd strongly recommend you add something to the autolevel control panel to remind you to loosen them before proceeding with hooking back up. It will be a sound you never want to hear again if you forget to loosen them : - (
    Ours came with a couple bright yellow stickers reminding you to loosen off the arms. Put one by the outside panel, and one by the inside panel.

Still forgot once....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997