User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    OP, you are correct, those GMC wheels are hideous to say the least. I've always just lost the stupid covers and ran them bare. Might not look "shiny" and all nice, but I hate messing with that chromed plastic crap when removing tires/wheels.

I ran just the center caps on my 2002 back in the day.

Attachment 38558

On the current 2009, I don't run any of it. I've always planned on center drilling the front caps for the free-spin hub kit, but never got around to it. Having that front free-spin kit to allow me a 2WD LOW is the best thing ever for backing these large trailers.

Attachment 38559

I'm more of function over looks. That plastic crap gets brittle in the winter too. To heck with all that goofy crap.
    I had the plastic center caps on mine and lost them about every tire rotation. At $65 a pop and lost 3 in one day. I was done.
    2019 Ram 2500 CTD Custom Crew Cab (DRW), RoadMaster RM257 Heavy hauler, Cummins Generator, 2020 380Fl

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    That is why tire rotations involve dismounting and remounting the tires onto the wheels.
    Exactly. I do 6 tire rotation on my dually and my dealer (where I purchased the tires and offers lifetime rotation at no cost…) has no problem with mounting and remounting everything as needed. It is an easy matter to leave the truck with them for a half day or so if necessary so as not to rush them. The only issue I have occasionally had is to have them forget to stagger or align the inner valve stems on the rear tires so that they are accessible. Always a good idea to have that conversation every single time! Any time I don’t, we have to re-do one!��
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up on rotating tires on the dually a few years ago. All I do now is rotate the front two side to side with each other every oil change or so (5000 mi). The rear four never turn and they wear evenly right where they are. The way I look at it now, no sense if ruining all 6 tires with the front end. I just buy two front tires every other year or so and the back 4 will last over twice as long if they just stay where they are.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeOfLuxury View Post
    I kinda cant take bad looking wheels put these on the 2500.Attachment 38557
    Nice bars as well. Seeing as you are in PA, how do find the dually in the snow?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Nice bars as well. Seeing as you are in PA, how do find the dually in the snow?
    Well finding it isn’t a problem. As driving it in snow? Love it you just need correct tires and pressure drives like a dream. I’m running a 14 ply RM257 commercial tire tread depth states 19/32 actual off shoulders are about 26/32.
    2019 Ram 2500 CTD Custom Crew Cab (DRW), RoadMaster RM257 Heavy hauler, Cummins Generator, 2020 380Fl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123