Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    SpaceX and Skylink are the answer...
    We're waiting impatiently for that too. Do you think it will work as well as advertised?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I'm wondering how many have similar preferences for campsites as DW and I have. We ended up with a beautiful piece of wooded land in north Florida where we will spend our winters. We hate to see this property sitting vacant during the summer, so we're considering adding a few more sites.

So my question is: Do people prefer the resort type campgrounds, or would people be interested in a rural setting, well away from the neighbors? Our vision is to build a few sites that are basically an acre in size and hundreds of feet apart. They would all be full hook-up sites with probably a wood patio deck to park against and a fenced dog run on each site. We would have full size laundry on site and wifi internet available.

This is the kind of place we would like to live and we are curious if others are interested in something like this and would it be passing through, or would people like a monthly rate?
    Sounds like my kind of place!! A deck, a grill, a fire ring and full hookups sounds just right to me. Sign me up.
    2017 F350 SRW 8" bed 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto 355 axle ratio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound like the perfect space. The more room and privacy, the better. And the dog runs make is even better for us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're waiting impatiently for that too. Do you think it will work as well as advertised?
    I believe so. He wouldn't be forking up billions just to see it fail. By the sound of all the responses on here, it looks like you now have many future customers. [emoji3] may I suggest that we get a lifetime original customer preferred rated. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering how many have similar preferences for campsites as DW and I have. We ended up with a beautiful piece of wooded land in north Florida where we will spend our winters. We hate to see this property sitting vacant during the summer, so we're considering adding a few more sites.

So my question is: Do people prefer the resort type campgrounds, or would people be interested in a rural setting, well away from the neighbors? Our vision is to build a few sites that are basically an acre in size and hundreds of feet apart. They would all be full hook-up sites with probably a wood patio deck to park against and a fenced dog run on each site. We would have full size laundry on site and wifi internet available.

This is the kind of place we would like to live and we are curious if others are interested in something like this and would it be passing through, or would people like a monthly rate?
    My wife and I prefer the better-spaced parks for our longer stays… usually 2-3 days… but we’re figuring out driving-days and stay-days have different parameters!

Your idea sounds great, but don’t over-extend yourself!
    John Wood and Pat Shackelford
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    2016 F250 KR FX4
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2 Australian Shepherds and looking forward to retirement...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are weekend campers and stay almost entirely at state parks, which usually do a pretty good job of having some distance and foliage between sites. We certainly prefer that over the KOA's and such that we only stay at when passing through. That being said, we live rural and have acreage at home so we can't even see our neighbors. Camping is like going into the city for the weekend!

Your idea sounds great from a perspective of ease of finding people with a rural preference. However, I imagine there is a business reason that all of the private campgrounds that I've ever seen are like parking lots. They aren't subsidized by taxes so they can't be like state and federal parks. They are trying to maximize revenues. The great question is what their profit is after costs. I've never heard of a rich campground owner, but maybe I've just never been exposed to the industry. A lot of ideas sound good but don't translate into a business plan. You will have the up front investment of getting the infrastructure in place, and then ongoing taxes, utilities, maintenance, administration, etc. Keep in mind that you are now going to be taxes on revenues, not just property. You will also need a ton of insurance. Do your homework, maybe you can offer just enough amenities to cover basic needs and keep it simple and cheap.
    Last edited by Timmer; 01-22-2022 at 06:24 AM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resorts or "In the Sticks"?

We have never really been big boondockers. Typically we do one week a year in a location that is dry camping, but there are water spigots and honey wagons so it is really pretty easy to go an entire week with our setup for a week. We plan on retiring in a couple of years and will really get into that aspect when we have more time to dedicate to it.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stay at campgrounds because we like full hookups. Not for the pool, shuffleboard, neighbors within arm's reach, etc. If we had full hookups without looking into the next campers windows, that would be ideal. From the looks of it, there are plenty of others who feel the same.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the sticks, with a lot of battery. And one of these days, Starlink.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resorts or "In the Sticks"?

Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    In the sticks, with a lot of battery. And one of these days, Starlink.
    My brother is supposed to get his (Starlink) early Feb. Let you know how he does. He is up in the mountains in Colorado.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast