User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your credit, I recommend a gas card. I use the Good Sams for discount gas, the TSD EFS card (limited in certain regions), and my Ducks Unlimited credit card for 5% cash back at any gas station. That Ducks card gets used second most depending on where we are. I try to find the cheapest gas, but that takes second with convenience being the first. When you're on the road with 20,000 lbs behind you, just easy on and off is often worth the extra $$.

Full Timing Family in a 2021 Momentum 395MS-R, towed by our
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I put a 33 gallon auxiliary fuel tank in my truck. I only got a useful 29 gallons out of my truck's 34 gallon tank. That's not many miles at 8 to 10 MPG.
    That's an option along with a Titan - waiting to see what my payload numbers are once we take delivery.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    That's an option along with a Titan - waiting to see what my payload numbers are once we take delivery.
    I put the 52 gallon Titan on my truck. With my setup, not even running that heavy, I found with the factory fuel tank (32 gallon) I needed to be at a fuel station by 250 miles. Lots of hills, or good headwind, and you might need to refuel by 200 miles. With the Titan, I look at around 350 miles for fuel, although I know 400 is also good.

Just because you have the larger fuel tank (Titan), doesn't mean you have to fuel it all the way up if you are heavy. The tank itself is maybe 10-20 lbs heavier, if at that.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 01-23-2022 at 08:08 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to have a Good Sams card to get a Pilot/FJ card. The Good Sam card used as a rewards card at Pilot/FJ gets you $0.08 off on diesel. Not much but better than nothing. I also have the TSD card. Here in the midwest, a regular credit card works at Pilot/FJ in the truck lanes. Most other truck stops you have to use the TSD card or prepay inside.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I put the 52 gallon Titan on my truck.
    That was the replacement tank I think?
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    You don't have to have a Good Sams card to get a Pilot/FJ card. The Good Sam card used as a rewards card at Pilot/FJ gets you $0.08 off on diesel. N
    Just on Pilot's web site and it's confusing - fleet or RV Plus cards the latter with a Good Sams card next to it. May just run up to the local Pilot and pick up an application.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    That was the replacement tank I think?
    Yes, the only negative thing is, the fuel gauge shows full until you get back down to 32 gallons. Mileage to empty shows whatever it would be with the 32 gallons, until you start burning under. On my truck, there is no way to tell the computer that you have a bigger tank. Not a big deal for me, pretty simple math to figure what you have. Add the additional fuel in your head.

I believe with the long beds, you have an option for a 65 gallon replacement. Also, I think on the '21 and later, the factory has the 50 gallon option, so if you put a bigger tank on, they have the bigger tank option in the computer.

The bigger tank has been a game changer for me on some routes I take. No sucking in the seat on them.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 01-23-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of additional items. Not sure how tall your new rig is, but Truck Map is awesome at making sure you don’t find the one 9’ bridge on your route. I also carry a 5 gallon “emergency”can of diesel in the bed while traveling. Not a good idea to run a diesel completely out.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone using the gas buddy card for fuel discounts or the 7/11 or the mobile or any of the other loyalty programs for discounts?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    ..... I try to find the cheapest gas, but that takes second with convenience being the first. When you're on the road with 20,000 lbs behind you, just easy on and off is often worth the extra $$...
    +1.... Yup, same here.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast