User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PA to Maine via New England

We are planning trip from PA to Maine this fall. I need your help since I have not traveled on the east coast much. I want to stop in New Hampshire, Vermont and Cape Code. I also want to see the parks in Maine but I don't know where to start. If you can provide me with information about best routes, places to see and campgrounds I would appreciate your help. Thanks so much

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Hampshire= Mt Washington? Vermont= Mansfield? Cape Cod= Lobster rolls? What is your timeline? have you looked for campgrounds or made reservations? I can get you around NYC and heading north east through Connecticut but having more to go on would help.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    New Hampshire= Mt Washington? Vermont= Mansfield? Cape Cod= Lobster rolls? What is your timeline? have you looked for campgrounds or made reservations? I can get you around NYC and heading north east through Connecticut but having more to go on would help.
    I found this thread and didn't see the original person get back so I thought I would ask.
    We will be traveling up 222 to 78 in PA. From there what is the best way to get around NYC?

Also we are looking for a campground in Maine that is very scenic and would possibly have wildlife to view. We don't have a lot of time to spend so if possible don't want something to far into Maine.

Thanks.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I found this thread and didn't see the original person get back so I thought I would ask.
    We will be traveling up 222 to 78 in PA. From there what is the best way to get around NYC?

Also we are looking for a campground in Maine that is very scenic and would possibly have wildlife to view. We don't have a lot of time to spend so if possible don't want something to far into Maine.

Thanks.
    Rt78 east to Rt287 north using the NEW Tappen Zee? bridge to cross into Connecticut. If you are planning to go diectly into Maine it's probably best to take Rt684 to Rt84 east then figure out how to circumvent Boston. There are many private campgrounds around Sebago lake. Sebago Lake State Park is on the north side of the lake. Use this to locate campgrounds: https://davidodonnel.com/rv-park-locator/#start-map
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this helps or where in PA. Your located but,We went to Acadia last year and I agree run 81 to 84 ,684 and out and around NYC and eastern conn . I use to drive truck that way (287 ) and hated it .we like our camper wouldn’t take that way unless necessary
    Retired Transportation ,
    2015 GMC 2500HD. (6.0L.) Crew Cab. S.R.W.
    2021 reflection 320 MKS. With some mod.s
    2nd. Rv. And lovin it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One important fact is that campgrounds in New England close fairly early. Usually the Saturday after Columbus Day is as late as they operate. Things are pretty hectic at the attractions up until that day, and then the crowds disappear.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do the opposite, Maine to Penn, every year. We avoid 84, it is busy all day long, and like most highways up here, it can be a rough ride. We normally come down 95 from Maine, to 495 in Mass. ( not the best road, but options limited here), then the mass pike all the way to 87 in New York. Finally we hit 84 heading west.
    When we stay in New England, we hit Quechee and Brattleboro KOA's. Both have some great food and beer in the area, and alot of hiking and bike trails. Only local Maine campground we have stayed at was Bar Harbor, which is always a great spot.
    2021 310gk
    2019 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everybody for your great and helpful responses.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    Thanks everybody for your great and helpful responses.
    We are in SE.Pa and also go out 78 but avoid NJ and NYC at all costs. We shoot off 78 up 33N to 209N to 84.... it might be slightly longer but if you ever hit the bridges in NYC at the wrong time you'll wish you had gone a different route. I once sat on the bridge with my RV for 3½ hrs. until they cleared up they mess at the other end.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 01-24-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch out for low bridges in New England - there are plenty. Delivery driver took the top off a Reflection being delivered to GD dealer in VT last year. There are also not many east-west highways in NH up north to get you to ME coast. You can avoid most of Boston by taking the Mass Pike for 10 miles from 84 to 290 though Worcester picking up 495 or keep it simple and take the Mass Pike right to 495. If you exit 495 in Lowell and pick up Rte 3 north to Manchester NH, you can take 101 east to the seacoast and get back on 95 north there. Keeps you off 95/128 which is a commuting nightmare.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays