User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, that is our problem there will be nobody here to switch the knob over to the other side, and the 30lbs has been running out in about 4-5 days

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leechantee View Post
    yes, that is our problem there will be nobody here to switch the knob over to the other side, and the 30lbs has been running out in about 4-5 days
    What I'm trying to tell you is that you don't have to switch the knob to use both tanks - it will automatically switch over. What have you had the thermostat set on when using 30 lbs. in 4-5 days? It won't go nearly that fast with the thermostat set at 45... and you'll have 60 lbs. of LP if you leave it with two full tanks (again, it will switch over automatically).

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 01-18-2022 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Correct typo
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to flip switch for the regulator to use the other tank. Starting with both tanks full, say you have the switch toward the door side. The regulator will start using gas from that tank. Once it runs out the indicator will turn red and it will start pulling from the off door tank (assuming both tanks are open). When you check the propane and see red you know that whichever tank the switch is pointing too is out of propane and needs to be refilled. Flip the lever and it should go green showing you have gas in that tank. Take out the first tank and get it refilled. When the second tank is empty it will auto flip back to the first tank (hopefully now refilled) and the red indicator will be back showing the second tank is now empty. rinse and repeat!

I think leaving the lever in the center will pull from both tanks. Useful in very cold situations when the propane is slow to gas off. But once its gone your SOL. But I could be wrong, never tried it
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also change to 40lbs tanks for more capacity. They fit, just not as easy to get in and out since they’re taller than the door opening.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We full time and are going to be leaving the RV for a week for a vacation. It is in the Carolinas and the temps have been around 40 during the day and mid 20s at night. Propane has been lasting 4-5 days max before we have to switch tanks (30lb). We do have tank heaters, and it is 2021 solitude with the insulating layer underneath, but it is not skirted in the location we are right now. With this, and a heated water hose we have had no issues whatsoever, but it is forecasted to get slightly colder this coming week (low of 19).

Things we have read say that pipes can burst and you should winterize, etc.... but how can the pipes burst if we turn the water off and all tanks are drained? Also, how do you “winterize” if you are living in the RV full time? Any help is appreciated.
    As you learned, there can still be water in sections of the plumbing, that could cause problems when it freezes. Expanding ice inside things (like a water pump) can crack fittings/housings/etc. In main lines, expanding ice with no outlet can compress the air in the lines to such an extent that they burst.
    Safest is to drain everything, then winterize with antifreeze. It is quick to do, cheap, and doesn't take all that much (2-3 gal). You do not need to add any to any of the tanks, just drain them (Empty tanks have lots of room for water to expand in to!). Just get it in all the plumbing - low point drains, toilet line, laundry (if equipped), outside showers, etc. Read how to bypass your water heater - it just needs to be drained, and does not need antifreeze. Pour a cup or two into each of the waste drains (sinks, shower, laundry). Leave all drains/taps open.
    On your return, reconnect and put some water in you water tank, run the pump, and flush all the lines. Since you're only flushing out a couple of gallons, it won't take much water. RV Antifreeze is safe to put down the sewer line. It is non-toxic, so while you want to get it out, any tiny bit missed will do no harm. Reset the by-pass on the water heater and fill it up.
    Sanitizing is always good to do, but not needed for getting the antifreeze out. The first time you do this, it may take 45 min. for you to winterize as you learn. 15 min. to get back to normal on your return. The next time, you will be twice as fast. Will cost about $15 or less, cheaper than running heat while you are gone, which you won't need to run at all.
    Many use compressed air to blow out the lines, which works too - but it takes the same amount of time, and you need a compressor with a decent amount of capacity (no 12v tire inflator). For just once-in-a-while, antifreeze is the way to go. You'll be surprised at how "not a big deal" it ends up being.
    Last edited by sande005; 01-18-2022 at 05:01 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a total of 60# but we were under the impression that we can only open one 30# tank at a time. Anyone know if there is a way to have both open at a time?
    So, my regulator has a lever style switch that if I just set it to the center, not right or left, it will automatically switch tanks. Does yours not do this?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    So, my regulator has a lever style switch that if I just set it to the center, not right or left, it will automatically switch tanks. Does yours not do this?
    That's kind of misleading: the regulator will change automatically if the lever is to the right or left, not sure about in the center. The lever is supposed to point to the tank in use, if green, or empty, if red.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In actuality it does not switch tanks, it draws from both at the same time. That is exactly why many people leave it to one or the other.

With the selector in the middle it will draw from both tanks at the same time until they are both empty. If one tank empties first it will draw from the one that has gas remaining.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    In actuality it does not switch tanks, it draws from both at the same time. That is exactly why many people leave it to one or the other.

With the selector in the middle it will draw from both tanks at the same time until they are both empty. If one tank empties first it will draw from the one that has gas remaining.
    So, I just did that last week on 2 completely full tanks. The result was the driver's side tank was completely empty after one week, and the passenger side one had about 2 gallons used out of it. That tells me it used one tank, then the other...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I just did that last week on 2 completely full tanks. The result was the driver's side tank was completely empty after one week, and the passenger side one had about 2 gallons used out of it. That tells me it used one tank, then the other...
    Interesting, could be different regulators draw differently. My last trip I had it in the middle and ended up with 2 tanks half full.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast