User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

short wire on front side marker haloview side camera

I'm installing a set of haloview side cameras on my 337 and have come across an issue. the right side marker has no slack in the wire. I've tugged and tugged on it and nothing is coming out. I don't think i have enough room to cut and spice an extension to make it easier to attached the camera. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue and what did you do the fix it. thanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	side marker.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	25109
    Last edited by Maximus216; 03-02-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should be able to get to it from the bottom. Pull the colorplast (belly fabric SP ) in that area and look up. Other place to get to it might be form the front compartment side wall.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    You should be able to get to it from the bottom. Pull the colorplast (belly fabric SP ) in that area and look up. Other place to get to it might be form the front compartment side wall.
    They are the ones at the very front. Under the bedroom.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    They are the ones at the very front. Under the bedroom.
    Right below it is the seam piece that holds the overhang piece in place. If you pull the plastic center you can undo the screws. If you do this for a short way you should be able to pull it down and lower the under hang panel to have access. GD does not run wires in the foam walls, so you could also look for a chase in the bedroom, such as the bed side cabinet, but Ill bet they cam up from below. If you have a mini flashlight look inside to see what direction the wires run.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right below it is the seam piece that holds the overhang piece in place. If you pull the plastic center you can undo the screws. If you do this for a short way you should be able to pull it down and lower the under hang panel to have access. GD does not run wires in the foam walls, so you could also look for a chase in the bedroom, such as the bed side cabinet, but Ill bet they cam up from below. If you have a mini flashlight look inside to see what direction the wires run.

Hope this helps
    thanks for the reply, i will look tomorrow. the hole is so small i can't see where the wires go. they seem to go towards the front.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    thanks for the reply, i will look tomorrow. the hole is so small i can't see where the wires go. they seem to go towards the front.
    I just thought of something. Instead of undoing the seal. you may be able to fish a wire over to the pin box and tie power into the running light there, or fish back to the front compartment and find a running light wire below.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just thought of something. Instead of undoing the seal. you may be able to fish a wire over to the pin box and tie power into the running light there, or fish back to the front compartment and find a running light wire below.
    I decided to solder an extension onto the trailer wire. I couldn't get a good crimp and i didn't want to lose the wire inside the wall cavity if i decide to remove the marker camerasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200303_112227.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	25125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200303_112433.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	25126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200303_113111.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	25127 in the future.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good move. . . One & done
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know how the camera system works as I'm looking at this same system or the 4UCam setup. Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    Let me know how the camera system works as I'm looking at this same system or the 4UCam setup. Thanks.
    I just ordered the mc7108 from amazon. I think the 5 inch screen is too small for both of the side cameras and the rear camera at the same time. might send the mc5111 back. the mc7108 will be here on thursday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast