User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Quality

I am receiving a new unit in April 2021. 2500RL.What are the quality of the tires from the factory? I did not take notice of the tire brand when looking at the unit at the dealer.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to forum!

If you'll use the search function on the forum (upper right), you'll find hundreds of threads on this topic. The Imagine 2500RL will likely come with Westlake load range E tires. If this is the case, this is a tire with a history is issues. Many people elect to replace their load range E Westlakes with the Goodyear Endurance ST trailer tires.

Now that you've joined the forum, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezetterstrand View Post
    I am receiving a new unit in April 2021. 2500RL.What are the quality of the tires from the factory? I did not take notice of the tire brand when looking at the unit at the dealer.
    Tires are most likely going to be Westlake China Bombs. Search this site for info on their “quality” or lack thereof.

The tires that were on the unit at the dealer is not necessarily indicative of what will be on your unit when it is delivered. GD appears to be having some supply issues and have been known to substitute with different components.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Welcome to forum!

If you'll use the search function on the forum (upper right), you'll find hundreds of threads on this topic. The Imagine 2500RL will likely come with Westlake load range E tires. If this is the case, this is a tire with a history is issues. Many people elect to replace their load range E Westlakes with the Goodyear Endurance ST trailer tires.

Now that you've joined the forum, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    My 2400 BH has “D” load tires not E

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    My 2400 BH has “D” load tires not E

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    You are correct - the 2500RL will likely have the load range Ds, as well.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Tires are most likely going to be Westlake China Bombs. Search this site for info on their “quality” or lack thereof.

The tires that were on the unit at the dealer is not necessarily indicative of what will be on your unit when it is delivered. GD appears to be having some supply issues and have been known to substitute with different components.
    He would have the load range D tires
    These are not the “bombs” you are thinking of

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For your safety; I would switch out tires if they are Westlake to USA made Goodyear Endurance tires. Had Westlake blow on busy Int 85 outside of Atlanta and thank God a GA Hero Unit came with their large flashing lights and diverted traffic over one lane so that we could change tire in safety. Just read where this past weekend in 2 separate cases people were killed changing tires on Interstates in Atlanta and this happens all the time. I always check tire pressure before each trip and check torque of lug nuts. Inflate tires to recommended pressure, mind it's 65 lbs. Make sure you have all necessary tools needed to change tire, jack, wooden blocks to support jack for different heights you may encounter on side of road, sockets, torque wrench, long handle racket or impact wrench to break lug nuts loose. Found out on my camper spare tire required different size socket to remove from spare tire holder than lug nuts on camper - now have same head size lug nuts on everything. I have 12v battery operated Milwaukee tire inflator that I use all the time to fill tires and it works great - highly recommend this to everyone..
    Lessons learned:
    1. Get Goodyear Endurance USA made tires if you have Westlake
    2. Always call Hero unit if they are available before starting to change tire on Interstate.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...5-20/304768834

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    For your safety; I would switch out tires if they are Westlake to USA made Goodyear Endurance tires. Had Westlake blow on busy Int 85 outside of Atlanta and thank God a GA Hero Unit came with their large flashing lights and diverted traffic over one lane so that we could change tire in safety. Just read where this past weekend in 2 separate cases people were killed changing tires on Interstates in Atlanta and this happens all the time. I always check tire pressure before each trip and check torque of lug nuts. Inflate tires to recommended pressure, mind it's 65 lbs. Make sure you have all necessary tools needed to change tire, jack, wooden blocks to support jack for different heights you may encounter on side of road, sockets, torque wrench, long handle racket or impact wrench to break lug nuts loose. Found out on my camper spare tire required different size socket to remove from spare tire holder than lug nuts on camper - now have same head size lug nuts on everything. I have 12v battery operated Milwaukee tire inflator that I use all the time to fill tires and it works great - highly recommend this to everyone..
    Lessons learned:
    1. Get Goodyear Endurance USA made tires if you have Westlake
    2. Always call Hero unit if they are available before starting to change tire on Interstate.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...5-20/304768834
    Goodyear has had issues as well. Remember the g159 blowouts?
    No tire is a guarantee

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct you can have problems with any tire and Goodyear has several plants overseas. They have had many issues with their China made tires also.
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Goodyear has had issues as well. Remember the g159 blowouts?
    No tire is a guarantee

2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    You are correct you can have problems with any tire and Goodyear has several plants overseas. They have had many issues with their China made tires also.
    The Goodyear g159 were made in the USA

Do you have an article to reference that Tires made in the USA are superior?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast