User Tag List

Thread: Bent Stabilizer

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bent Stabilizer

Long story short I have a bent stabilizer on the drivers side rear of my 2021 reflections 303RLS. It bent straight back toward the back end of the trailer at approx 5 to 7 degrees. The stabilizer itself isn't damaged or bent, it's the bracket that attaches to the frame that took the hit. My question is how soon do I need to get this fixed? The foot still sits flat on the ground and auto leveling doesn't seem to be affected. Is this something I should fix immediately or can it wait until the end of the season?

Thanks in advance,
    Ron
    Ron & Cylinda Mathews
    On The Road
    2021 Reflections 303RLS
    2014 Ford F250 Super Duty

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmathews951 View Post
    Long story short I have a bent stabilizer on the drivers side rear of my 2021 reflections 303RLS. It bent straight back toward the back end of the trailer at approx 5 to 7 degrees. The stabilizer itself isn't damaged or bent, it's the bracket that attaches to the frame that took the hit. My question is how soon do I need to get this fixed? The foot still sits flat on the ground and auto leveling doesn't seem to be affected. Is this something I should fix immediately or can it wait until the end of the season?

Thanks in advance,
    Ron
    I'm going to guess that you mean the left rear leveling jack. Auto level requires leveling jacks, not stabilizers. The answer depends on a lot of things, but I would think this is putting more stress on the servo motor than it should have. Seven degrees doesn't seem like a lot but... If your sure it is only the brace, and everything else seems to work fine, it should be OK short term. You should get it fixed sooner rather that later. Any competent autobody shop can fix it in short order I'm sure.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help and you're right, its the leveling jack.
    Ron & Cylinda Mathews
    On The Road
    2021 Reflections 303RLS
    2014 Ford F250 Super Duty

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmathews951 View Post
    Thanks for the help and you're right, its the leveling jack.
    Don't know that I helped, but your welcome. I just looked at my rear jack, which should be the same as yours, If you have the Ground Control 3.0. If it only hit the bracket, whatever the "it" was, 7 degrees is not much. I have bee in unlevel sites with that much pitch and it worked out OK with the proper number of blocks. It is NOT something I would let go too long though. You would probably be OK though the season as long as everything is functioning properly. First sign of trouble, get it fixed.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rear jacks are just that, and have to support load. Fairly level sites, that load isn't much. Un-level and that load can be significant. We are arm-chairing without photos and ability to inspect. However, the fundamental is that it can no longer function as intended by design. Given the shortages of parts, I'd be arranging with Lippert to get a replacement bracket. Then the cutting away the old and welding in the new can happen when convenient or when the mount has given way.
    Last edited by geotex1; 04-15-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The rear jacks are just that, and have to support load. Fairly level sites, that load isn't much. Un-level and that load can be significant. We are arm-chairing without photos and ability to inspect. However, the fundamental is that it can no longer as intended by design. Given the shortages of parts, I'd be arranging with Lippert to get a replacement bracket. Then the cutting away the old and welding in the new can happen when convenient or when the mount has given way.
    Rob, I agree, and did not mean to imply that I did not take precautions to get closer to level before extending my jacks. I carry plenty of wood and the stackable plastic blocks for those kinds of sites. I agree about getting the new bracket. Should have thought of that. Any welder, or body shop can replace it when needed, and probably cheaper than a dealer. Pictures would be nice too.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB