User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Access to utilities....water pump, inverter, converter, etc

So where did Grand Designs hide all the stuff that I may need to access for troubleshooting, repairs? Where is the water pump, the inverter (for my residential fridge), other stuff. I can see a box in the bottom of the pantry that covers the LP furnace but I have not identified other interior or exterior access panels. The owner's manual is pretty lame, not providing any real detail about the rig, just very general info. The only real detailed info is related to the auto leveling system.

I suspect you must remove some panel/s in that large basement storage bay but I did not see any identified access panels or doors.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model do you have?
    I'm assuming Solitude.
    I am not aware of an inverter installed.
    In the basement storage toward the back there is a removable wall. Behind there you will find all kinds of goodies. Also you will find a mess of wires and plumbing lines.

Brian

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KirbyRVA if you become a subscriber here - for the princely sum of $12 per year - you get additional features including the ability to create a "signature" line in which you can list the trailer model you're asking about, and the ability to post pictures of things you're asking about. You'll find this place worth many times the $12.

You do have an inverter in your basement utility area - Brian probably missed the fact that you have a residential fridge. As he told you, remove a few screws from the large wall panel in your basement just behind the Nautilus water controls and you'll open up a world of things to explore and worry about.

Welcome!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wondered why the info I saved in my signature was not posting. It is a 2019 384GK Solitude. My Nautilus panel is aft of the basement storage so I am confused when you say wall panel 'behind the Nautilus controls.' All my basement storage is forward of the Nautilus panel.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all stuff your dealer should have gone over in your 2-3 hour delivery. For the money spent you should call them to come out and spend some more time going over your new 5th wheel.
    Like any new RV... there are always adjustments! Don’t be so nit picky, you bought a great product with a great support team not only from the factory but this forum is priceless and the people are great and very helpful!!!
    Relax and enjoy your new rig!!
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you might find helpful. Dont put the screws back in the panel. Pick up a pair of heavy duty hinges with a removable pin. Place a hinge on each side and insert the pin 3/4 of the way, makes taking the panel out a breeze. Some owners have cut a square hole and made a plexiglass window. I took my panel and cut it down the middle and shortened it a little, then I added a 3rd hinge in the middle so I could remove the panel in sections or just one side if that's all I needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the helpful info. We just got into this rig this past Friday and will be leaving it here in 6 days. We will be back here in the rig in January and Feb. so I will plan to more fully explore the beast.

I tend not to rely on the dealer or techs unless the repair exceeds my abilities, technical and physical. The dealer I used here in Myrtle Beach was Campers Inn and the delivery process was less than stellar. They are currently in a very space limited location and sub all their tech work to Camping Connection which is owned by Lippert Industries. The tech from Camping Connection who did our delivery was not that thorough. He did demo the basics; slide operation, leveling, the Nautilus system. They didn't even have water in the FW holding tank so we could test the water pump. I made him stop the process and put water in the tank. The rig was not cleaned well. If we had had more time, we would have told them to do a few things and come back later.

Nevertheless, the dealer is less than a mile from the RV park and Camping Connection has a very active mobile service. I am hoping any warranty issues can be handled when we are on site at the RV park. Minor stuff I will just do myself. Both the baskets in the kitchen sink leaked but a little PTFE pipe joint paste and 20 minutes of my time and it was fixed.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    I wondered why the info I saved in my signature was not posting. It is a 2019 384GK Solitude. My Nautilus panel is aft of the basement storage so I am confused when you say wall panel 'behind the Nautilus controls.' All my basement storage is forward of the Nautilus panel.
    OK, sorry, I don't know that model but if I'd been clearer I might have said "side wall in basement storage behind the Nautilus panel" which you almost certainly have. About six screws will release a large section of the basement interior wall and expose the plumbing on the back side of the Nautilus panel as well as provide access to most other utility equipment and wiring.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the rear basement wall removed in our Solitude 310GK. Yours will be similar. Just held in with a few screws along the sides. Sorry, picture is sideways. In the correct orientation, the back of the Nautilus panel is on the right, Water heater is the octagon shape on the left and water pump is yellow & black device on the floor. Converter is out of the picture way to the left. Hope that helps give you some idea of what and where things are located.

Chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180122_142032.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	16319
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    One thing you might find helpful. Dont put the screws back in the panel. Pick up a pair of heavy duty hinges with a removable pin. Place a hinge on each side and insert the pin 3/4 of the way, makes taking the panel out a breeze. Some owners have cut a square hole and made a plexiglass window. I took my panel and cut it down the middle and shortened it a little, then I added a 3rd hinge in the middle so I could remove the panel in sections or just one side if that's all I needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    @FT4NOW Could you upload a picture of your hinge-work?
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast