User Tag List

Thread: New Members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Members

Well…….. while I am NOT one to join forums or social media of any kind, my wife has pushed me into the realm of interaction. Haha! So we own a 2921 Solitude 390RK-R. What a great RV! Bought it new in December of 2021 and have been full time since. Since we both work from home, our original intent was to go North in the Summer and South in the winter after selling our home of 22 years. Yes. We took advantage of the Covid craziness!!! Made a ton on our home and made more on the toy hauler (Torque) we had at the time than we originally paid for it. What a really weird time that was! Being full time and free of debt has been awesome. Bought 11 acres in the country. Installed a 30’ x 50’ metal barn with 14’ entry, septic, electric and gated entry that sometimes never opens during the week. It has been a Godsend! Travels should ensue come spring time. But now we have a place to always call home again.

As for the RV,….. we have had zero issues or problems! Only replacement so far has been the fan motor in the bathroom. These folks (Grand Design) hit a home run on this unit.

We look forward to conversations with all of you and exchanging ideas. Hope all stay safe!

Randal & Rene’

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmills View Post
    Well…….. while I am NOT one to join forums or social media of any kind, my wife has pushed me into the realm of interaction. Haha! So we own a 2921 Solitude 390RK-R. What a great RV! Bought it new in December of 2021 and have been full time since. Since we both work from home, our original intent was to go North in the Summer and South in the winter after selling our home of 22 years. Yes. We took advantage of the Covid craziness!!! Made a ton on our home and made more on the toy hauler (Torque) we had at the time than we originally paid for it. What a really weird time that was! Being full time and free of debt has been awesome. Bought 11 acres in the country. Installed a 30’ x 50’ metal barn with 14’ entry, septic, electric and gated entry that sometimes never opens during the week. It has been a Godsend! Travels should ensue come spring time. But now we have a place to always call home again.

As for the RV,….. we have had zero issues or problems! Only replacement so far has been the fan motor in the bathroom. These folks (Grand Design) hit a home run on this unit.

We look forward to conversations with all of you and exchanging ideas. Hope all stay safe!

Randal & Rene’
    All I can say is Welcome and.........HOW DID you possibly get a "2921" model......I had no idea they were building them that far in advance!

Actually, I'll say a little more. I presently have a Momentum Toy Hauler and if I didn't need or want a TH type camper, the 390RK would be the one that I'm towing around....I love that model for sure. What a great plan you guys had and it sounds like it is working out very well for y'all.....Congratulations and once again....welcome to the forum.
    Vern
    Last edited by xrated; 01-13-2024 at 04:43 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    All I can say is Welcome and.........HOW DID you possibly get a "2921" model......I had no idea they were building them that far in advance!
    I'd love to see the tech in that trailer..lol

I'm not on (anti) social media either...unless RV forums count.....and some of us on here aren't all that social either...lol

Welcome to the group!!
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmills View Post

Randal & Rene’
    Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to make us the exception to your exclusion of social media (I don't do much social media either). Sounds like you have a great setup, would you be willing to post some pictures?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fat fingers

Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post

Actually, I'll say a little more. I presently have a Momentum Toy Hauler and if I didn't need or want a TH type camper, the 390RK would be the one that I'm towing around....I love that model for sure. What a great plan you guys had and it sounds like it is working out very well for y'all.....Congratulations and once again....welcome to the forum.
    Vern
    Obviously the 2921 was a fat fingers moment…..thanks to all for the welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randal & Rene,

My husband and I purchased our very first RV at the end of July 2023. We didn't start small - a 397THS Toy Hauler. What a learning curve this has been. I admire my husband for being so brave! We love it so far despite having a few warranty issues, but those issues are more on the dealer side. Your idea of selling the house and buying some property to call home is wonderful. That is exactly what we need for our RV and sporting clay machines. I'm going to share this with my husband and encourage him to join the GD forum. We are not social media people either. Welcome and happy travels! Gail

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellespalace View Post
    Randal & Rene,

My husband and I purchased our very first RV at the end of July 2023. We didn't start small - a 397THS Toy Hauler. What a learning curve this has been. I admire my husband for being so brave! We love it so far despite having a few warranty issues, but those issues are more on the dealer side. Your idea of selling the house and buying some property to call home is wonderful. That is exactly what we need for our RV and sporting clay machines. I'm going to share this with my husband and encourage him to join the GD forum. We are not social media people either. Welcome and happy travels! Gail
    Welcome to the forum, Gail. Let your husband know we're mostly pretty friendly here. Questions are welcome.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Gail. Let your husband know we're mostly pretty friendly here. Questions are welcome.
    Except for those of us who are jerks and make fun of newbies. Oh wait, we don’t do that! I spent a few hours at a total stranger’s house a couple of weeks ago correcting the damage his well-meaning brother-in-law had inflicted on his trailer. Drove home in a great mood because it made me happy that I had helped him. And he fed me a nice meal.

That is most of us.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Except for those of us who are jerks and make fun of newbies. Oh wait, we don’t do that! I spent a few hours at a total stranger’s house a couple of weeks ago correcting the damage his well-meaning brother-in-law had inflicted on his trailer. Drove home in a great mood because it made me happy that I had helped him. And he fed me a nice meal.

That is most of us.
    I just helped a couple get a MicroAir thermostat wired up correctly yesterday.....It put a smile on their faces and mine. I've certainly had my share of help when I first got into camping trailers, and if I can pay it forward (like many of the folks on here do), that is something that everyone should be doing.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this must be the place all us non social social media GD RVrs come to socialize!
    Welcome to both Rmills & BellesPalace (our Belle is an Aussie...what's yours )
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/