User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extended Warranty

Wanted opinion on what everyone thinks on these extended warranties. My dealer supplied a lifetime warranty as long as rig is checked every year to keep valid cost is reasonable about 130.00 a year. Wanted to sell me another extended warranty on top of this for 2500 dollars. The dealer warranty covers major things like suspension,kitchen appliances,AC, heater,.It dose not cover the lippert auto leveling system. So i guess question is do you think extended warranties worth it with the other policy dealer gave with unit.I have never bought one with other 2 units but also had nothing major break. Thank You

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredbaro View Post
    Wanted opinion on what everyone thinks on these extended warranties. My dealer supplied a lifetime warranty as long as rig is checked every year to keep valid cost is reasonable about 130.00 a year. Wanted to sell me another extended warranty on top of this for 2500 dollars. The dealer warranty covers major things like suspension,kitchen appliances,AC, heater,.It dose not cover the lippert auto leveling system. So i guess question is do you think extended warranties worth it with the other policy dealer gave with unit.I have never bought one with other 2 units but also had nothing major break. Thank You
    We canceled all our extended warranties about a year after purchase. My husband can do most minor fixes, and dealing with the service people at our dealer was a terrible experience. We like using our local RV repair facility.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better off putting that $2500 in the bank as a repair fund to cover any parts needed for repairs. Extended warranties are like insurance policies, some people will never use them, but a small percentage of people will benefit from it. If you are handy at all, most repairs are easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 06-12-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the extended warranty on mine and feel it has paid for itself in the second and third years of ownership. In the second year, I had one hydraulic landing gear leg and one stabilizer leg start leaking fluid. Neither are serviceable and were replaced. In December, my Schwintek slide gearbox (not the motor) stripped and the whole mechanism had to be replaced which entailed completely removing the slide room from the unit. Would have been pretty costly out of pocket on the labor side had I not had the warranty. Lastly, had an AC fan motor bearing failure. The entire motor was replaced. Personally, I feel the warranty has already paid for itself and I still have two years remaining.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John ~ I was wondering which company and plan you went with? We are picking up our new 2021 303RLS at the end of this month and want to be prepared!!!! Thanks
    Last edited by Rvlvn2019; 06-20-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USA travel care offered by dealer checked company out has a good rating.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlvn2019 View Post
    Hi John ~ I was wondering which company and plan you went with? We are picking up our new 2021 303RLS at the end of this month and want to be prepared!!!! Thanks
    The paperwork is somewhere in my truck. I don't recall the name of the company off the top of my head. It was a five year warranty (6 total including the factory warranty). It was offered by our selling dealer, Dixie RV in Hammond, LA, at the time of sale. The F&I guy started pretty high on it, but I was able to negotiate it down quite a bit. I'll track down the paperwork later today and add it to the thread.
    Last edited by jneubig; 06-21-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem with extended warranties is that they don’t do anything to improve service scheduling. If you have a failure today, it will probably be August before you can get in for service at a dealer, and then more delay if parts need to be ordered. Many people just repair things themselves even when covered by a warranty just so they don’t lose months of use waiting.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    The biggest problem with extended warranties is that they don’t do anything to improve service scheduling. If you have a failure today, it will probably be August before you can get in for service at a dealer, and then more delay if parts need to be ordered. Many people just repair things themselves even when covered by a warranty just so they don’t lose months of use waiting.
    True but mine did authorize and pay for a mobile tech for the AC. I did not have to bring it to the selling dealer or any dealer for that matter. I simply called the company, explained the situation and they provided a claim number. I verified with the mobile tech that would be OK and was all set. My other option would have been to pay the mobile tech myself, then turn in the invoice to the warranty company for reimbursement.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    True but mine did authorize and pay for a mobile tech for the AC. I did not have to bring it to the selling dealer or any dealer for that matter. I simply called the company, explained the situation and they provided a claim number. I verified with the mobile tech that would be OK and was all set. My other option would have been to pay the mobile tech myself, then turn in the invoice to the warranty company for reimbursement.
    Sometimes it works out, but without a doubt, on average, you pay more for the warranty than repairs would have cost out of pocket. If that wasn’t true, warranty sales wouldn’t make profit both for the selling dealer and the warranty company. It’s a gamble weighted strongly to favor the warranty company.

My 303 is 6 years old. The extent of non-wear related repairs after the factory warranty expired has been less than $350, and I upgraded the TV when I replaced it.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast