Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion 3 burner cooktop large burner not staying lit when the knob is released

I have a new 2021 320MKS with the Furrion Gas 3 burner Cooktop. The two smaller burners on the outside work as advertised, the big oval one in the middle is the problem child...

So, I understand how to work/use the cooktop, that's not the problem. Here is the problem with the large, middle, oval burner:
    What should happen:
    1. Turn knob to the flame icon and push the knob in.
    2. Hit the ignitor.
    3. Observe flame around the entire burner.
    4. Hold for "a few seconds".
    5. Release the knob and turn to desired flame height.

What actually happens:
    4. Hold for up to 60 seconds.
    5. Release the knob and observe the flame extinguish.

What I THINK is happening it the thermistor the holds open the gas for the burner is either not working, not placed correctly, or non-existent/missing.

Anyone else run into this. I emailed Furrion and haven't heard back from them.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had that problem, but that's what I would assume would be the problem. Can you find the thermistor and move it into the flame? Or try using a lighter to heat it up and see if that will keep the gas valve open.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    Never had that problem, but that's what I would assume would be the problem. Can you find the thermistor and move it into the flame? Or try using a lighter to heat it up and see if that will keep the gas valve open.
    That's one of my problems... Locating the dang thermistor. I know it should be in the burner, but I can figure out how to get the burner cover/diffuser off. On my gas stove at home, the just sit on top of the orifice.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you believe the range is more technically advanced than it is....

Make sure the air is thoroughly bled from the range - in my experience, it tends to lay in the oval burner model more so the the triple round. One way to do this is light both of the other burners and leave them going and after a minute or so light the oval. If it stays lit after holding in the knob for 30 seconds your range also holds air. If it does not, shut everything off, pull the top to expose the simplicity of the workings. Separate the burner from the supply tube and eyeball the orifice. Make sure there's no spider webs or debris in the supply tube or orifice, feel the orifice to make sure there's no burr that could be affecting flow. I think you'll find a culprit along the way.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I think you believe the range is more technically advanced than it is....

Make sure the air is thoroughly bled from the range - in my experience, it tends to lay in the oval burner model more so the the triple round. One way to do this is light both of the other burners and leave them going and after a minute or so light the oval. If it stays lit after holding in the knob for 30 seconds your range also holds air. If it does not, shut everything off, pull the top to expose the simplicity of the workings. Separate the burner from the supply tube and eyeball the orifice. Make sure there's no spider webs or debris in the supply tube or orifice, feel the orifice to make sure there's no burr that could be affecting flow. I think you'll find a culprit along the way.
    Okay, so I probably have said that we have cooked around a dozen meals using the two round ones. The next question I have is how to get the farking burner orifice cover of the oval burner (or any of them for that matter)? The "manual" and the Furrion website are useless in this manner. Thanks! [emoji4]

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Okay, so I probably have said that we have cooked around a dozen meals using the two round ones. The next question I have is how to get the farking burner orifice cover of the oval burner (or any of them for that matter)? The "manual" and the Furrion website are useless in this manner. Thanks! [emoji4]

The black "top" of the burner shop pop off and then reveal the screws. At least that was the way it was before the newest version came out.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The black "top" of the burner shop pop off and then reveal the screws. At least that was the way it was before the newest version came out.
    Okay, I'll try to pull it off. Thanks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, got in the coach today to do some mods (more on that in other posts), and was able to look at the cooktop. I've got a bad thermistor. I ohmed it out and got no reading, then 0.3 ohms, then 6 ohms, then... So all over the place. The other two started at around 10 ohms then dropped to 0.1 ohms and stayed there.

Gotta call Grand Design!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it must have been me... The thermocouple (correct name from Furrion) is good. Ohmed it out this morning and got 0.00 ohms. Swapped it with the one on the right, absolutely version the right burner wouldn't stay lit, and it did stay lit. (Not buying any lottery tickets today! Emailed the rep who fielded my call this morning with the information. Just waiting to see if Grand Design will okay a mobile tech for warranty work because the dealer here in Albuquerque told me it would be at least 6 weeks before they could get me in since I didn't purchase from them, and they would get to it, when they could.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you end up getting this fixed yet? Mine is doing the same thing from my test of all systems last night.
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7 3:55 SRW
    2021 Reflection 311BHS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast