User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OneControl In-Motion Lock

Our OneControl panel has recently decided that it wants to be in "In-Motion Lock" status all the time, even when disconnected and leveled.

I totally get why they have the lockout when underway (though it's a PITA to not be able to use the App on my phone if stopped), but why would the inside panel maintain this state when parked?

Any ideas?
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it needs to be reset.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Our OneControl panel has recently decided that it wants to be in "In-Motion Lock" status all the time, even when disconnected and leveled.

I totally get why they have the lockout when underway (though it's a PITA to not be able to use the App on my phone if stopped), but why would the inside panel maintain this state when parked?

Any ideas?
    I'm not sure about this, but you might want to try "resetting" it. Press and hold the little button on the front of it, it should reboot. Then try to connect to it using the app. That SHOULD fix it (temporarily?).

I liken this to the 3 R's of Microsoft (or any software, really)... Retry, reboot, reload. Now, I don't know how to "reload" OneControl, except to remove and reinstall the app on your phone, but that probably won't help.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustUs&doggo View Post
    Sounds like it needs to be reset.

Best me to it! I need to stop writing a novel for a reply!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I'm not sure about this, but you might want to try "resetting" it. Press and hold the little button on the front of it, it should reboot. Then try to connect to it using the app. That SHOULD fix it (temporarily?).

I liken this to the 3 R's of Microsoft (or any software, really)... Retry, reboot, reload. Now, I don't know how to "reload" OneControl, except to remove and reinstall the app on your phone, but that probably won't help.

I've thought about the hard reset. The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is I fear my phone App will lose the connection, and I'll have to set it up again. That was a royal PITA the first time I did it (during our PDI).

The panel has been powered down before, when I was troubleshooting a generator start issue. Now that I think about it, that's when the lockout issue started.

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and just do it, and hope for the best.😖

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most safety interlocks that I've ever had any experience with, will have a way to defeat or bypass....which is usually NEVER a good idea, depending what they do and what they protect you from. Since I do not have that feature on my 2018 Momentum 394M, I will speculate that the "In Motion Lock" gets it's input from a sensor somewhere on the trailer, but of course, how and where it is, is the $10,000 question. You might want to contract Lippert and see if they can give you any insight to where/how the sensor is triggered to lock you out. Depending on what they tell you, it's possible to maybe make some progress with the issue from that info. Keep us posted on what they say, it may end up helping others if they develop the same issue.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought about the hard reset. The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is I fear my phone App will lose the connection, and I'll have to set it up again. That was a royal PITA the first time I did it (during our PDI).

The panel has been powered down before, when I was troubleshooting a generator start issue. Now that I think about it, that's when the lockout issue started.

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and just do it, and hope for the best.[emoji37]
    I didn't have any issues reconnecting my phone to it after I did my reset. You might have to scan the QR code again, but the rest is pretty straight forward.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Most safety interlocks that I've ever had any experience with, will have a way to defeat or bypass....which is usually NEVER a good idea, depending what they do and what they protect you from. Since I do not have that feature on my 2018 Momentum 394M, I will speculate that the "In Motion Lock" gets it's input from a sensor somewhere on the trailer, but of course, how and where it is, is the $10,000 question. You might want to contract Lippert and see if they can give you any insight to where/how the sensor is triggered to lock you out. Depending on what they tell you, it's possible to maybe make some progress with the issue from that info. Keep us posted on what they say, it may end up helping others if they develop the same issue.
    I honestly think it uses the motion sensor in the little tablet. That tablet is Android based.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and just do it, and hope for the best.[emoji37]
    Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 min. And power down the tablet if you have one?

2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I had no intention of trying to override the system. It's a simple enough button press to clear it. It's just irritating to have to do it for any entry.

On the upside, it's not making me do it while (un)hitching or leveling.

A call to Lippert is definitely in the cards. I'll post the results here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast