User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Basement Mod

I needed to maximize storage in the forward basement compartment and I really liked how some of the members here used wire shelving to accomplish that.
    The forward storage compartment on my rig has a lot going on in it and there just wasn't enough room to add multiple shelves. I also wanted to be able to access my toolbox easily,
    Since we bought this last year I knew I wanted to do something and this is what I came up with.

I am a hobbyist wood worker and I enjoy upcycling when ever possible. I took part of a entertainment center I had salvaged and drilled 2" holes in it to lighten it up a bit.
    I added some trim I salvaged to help keep things in place. A couple coats of black paint and then several coats of lacquer later here is what it looks like.
    I used pocket holes and some plywood brackets to attach to the bulkhead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shelf.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	33167

Name:	Shelf Installed.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	33165

Name:	Shelf Loaded.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	33166

We'll see how it holds up to the rigors of the road.
    Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Fivecodys; 04-03-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice job or repurposing something into something useful.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I used pocket holes and some plywood brackets to attach to the the bulkhead.
    First of all, cutting holes in the wood to lessen the weight is really cool since you are putting big stuff up on that shelf. What do the "pocket holes and plywood brackets" look like?
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    First of all, cutting holes in the wood to lessen the weight is really cool since you are putting big stuff up on that shelf. What do the "pocket holes and plywood brackets" look like?
    Here is the only picture I took of the brackets. They are hanging up to dry. They are basically shelf brackets.

Name:	Brackets.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	33177

Here is an example of what a pocket hole is. (sorry I didn't take one during the build)

Name:	Pocket Hole example.jpeg 
Views:	301 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	33178
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I needed to maximize storage in the forward basement compartment and I really liked how some of the members here used wire shelving to accomplish that.
    The forward storage compartment on my rig has a lot going on in it and there just wasn't enough room to add multiple shelves. I also wanted to be able to access my toolbox easily,
    Since we bought this last year I knew I wanted to do something and this is what I came up with.

I am a hobbyist wood worker and I enjoy upcycling when ever possible. I took part of a entertainment center I had salvaged and drilled 2" holes in it to lighten it up a bit.
    I added some trim I salvaged to help keep things in place. A couple coats of black paint and then several coats of lacquer later here is what it looks like.
    I used pocket holes and some plywood brackets to attach to the bulkhead.

We'll see how it holds up to the rigors of the road.
    Thanks for looking.
    Very nice use of space.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS Pulled by 2019 F350 Crew cab diesel with Andersen hitch
    Still own: 2010 Heartland Elkridge 34DSRL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am always wanting to be overly secure with stuff. I like that if I did something like that I could run straps or bungees through the holes. Good job!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.