User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second AC install

Has anyone ever had a second Air Condition installed in the bedroom on a 337rls? I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with someone cutting a hole in the roof but hopefully it’s a simple job for a qualified technician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by copyritejim View Post
    Has anyone ever had a second Air Condition installed in the bedroom on a 337rls? I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with someone cutting a hole in the roof but hopefully it’s a simple job for a qualified technician.

A number of folks have had dealers do so and a few have done so themselves. There is no cutting as the existing BR roof vent is used for doing so and wiring for the 120V AC and the thermostat wiring is already in place. Only hole to cut is for the thermostat in the wall (where the wiring is already) there.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a second AC unit in my 308 bedroom. Hardest part is getting the second unit up onto the roof. I had an additional pair of hands for that part. The remaining work is removal of the old ceiling vent, tidying up the duct work(if ducted) and connecting the wiring ( power and thermostat).

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jguzek; 03-09-2021 at 05:26 AM.
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like jguzek, we installed our second AC in the bedroom ourselves. Well, my husband & son did most of it, but I helped. As noted, getting it up on the roof was the hard part. The AC replaced the vent in the bedroom, as that's where the ducting was. No need to cut additional hole in the roof.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 03-08-2021 at 01:24 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. My son and I installed a second ac on our reflection 27rl and our reflection 337. As others have said the roof vent opening is the location for the bedroom ac. All needed wiring is at the opening at the vent. The thermostat wire is located by the light switch. Just remove the switch and feel for the wire. Removing the old caulk were the roof vent is a little time consuming but needs to be removed for proper ac seal. I used a latter and slid my ac unit in the box up the latter to the roof. Really not a hard job just be careful as always on the roof if your doing the installation. Also make sure you tighten the screws or bolts to the proper settings so the unit seal correctly. You’ll enjoy the second ac. If your doing the job I suggest you power down your electrical and battery sources you don’t want to be working with wires that have power.
    Last edited by 242 checkmate; 03-08-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the positive responses, will definitely go ahead with it now.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the positive responses, will definitely go ahead with it now.

Having installed one by myself on another trailer that I previously owned, One word of caution I will offer for removing the sealant around the existing vent. TAKE YOUR TIME....slow and easy does it. I ran an extension cord up to the roof and used a heat gun (you could also use a hair dryer) and use caution when heating the sealant. Heating it will certainly make it more pliable and easier to remove. Spend a few bucks and buy yourself a plastic putty knife or two so that you don't damage the existing roof material on the trailer. Slow and easy are the key words here if you don't want to tear.....or stretch the roofing material. I don't want to scare you, but it is certainly possible to remove the sealant around the vent without any damage of any type. Good Luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished today installing second AC with thermostat. Used another Coleman Mach 15k. Gets cold fast now.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you find the 15K? Every place I have looked is ouut of stock. I assume the factory A was also a 15K?
    I've only had my 268 BH for a couple of weeks so I'm just starting mods.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Where did you find the 15K? Every place I have looked is ouut of stock. I assume the factory A was also a 15K?
    I've only had my 268 BH for a couple of weeks so I'm just starting mods.
    Shipping was fast and it works great. Found the matching thermostat easily on ebay and found the chillgrill for the interior at camping world. This is the matching unit currently installed on our models.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...xoC9a0QAvD_BwE
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast