User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

310GK Front sliding closet doors

Today I nearly pulled the trigger on a '24 310GK, but couldn't get past these sliding closet doors in the bedroom. Maybe I'm missing something you all can shed some light on or tell me how you use them. There's a single track up top, and when closed they are secured in place by a lose hook latch on one side. fine if you're sitting still. While moving the doors can swing back and forth at the bottom putting lots of stress on the mechanism up top. Seems like a fail point to me. Option two is secure them open which seems pretty robust, but then your stuff in the closet tumbles out potentially. Seems you'd need to crawl over the bed make sure nothing came out that could be caught between the slide facia and wall each time you open the slide. Dealer said they could look into modifying it, but that seems like overkill. We looked at another to see if it's the same. Not only was it, but a closet door had fallen from that one. How do you all deal with this?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2019 the doors have a ribbed track on the bottom that retains them. 50k miles towing it and have never had an issue.
    Charlie F
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txloser View Post
    Today I nearly pulled the trigger on a '24 310GK, but couldn't get past these sliding closet doors in the bedroom. Maybe I'm missing something you all can shed some light on or tell me how you use them. There's a single track up top, and when closed they are secured in place by a lose hook latch on one side. fine if you're sitting still. While moving the doors can swing back and forth at the bottom putting lots of stress on the mechanism up top. Seems like a fail point to me. Option two is secure them open which seems pretty robust, but then your stuff in the closet tumbles out potentially. Seems you'd need to crawl over the bed make sure nothing came out that could be caught between the slide facia and wall each time you open the slide. Dealer said they could look into modifying it, but that seems like overkill. We looked at another to see if it's the same. Not only was it, but a closet door had fallen from that one. How do you all deal with this?
    On my 2022 there is a bottom double rail similar to a residential sliding patio door, where rollers glide along the rails and keep the doors stable. No problems with them. Maybe the new ones are different or maybe they didnt install the bottom rails.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    On my 2022 there is a bottom double rail similar to a residential sliding patio door, where rollers glide along the rails and keep the doors stable. No problems with them. Maybe the new ones are different or maybe they didnt install the bottom rails.
    Hopefully this isn't a duplicate. I'm having posting issues. Anyway the doors have nothing at the bottom. They're just suspended in the air by the top rail, so they move in and out at the bottom. Maybe a summer intern designed them. Another 24 Solitude was the same way so not a mistake. Here's a photo in the stowed position which is also open. The arrow points to the rubber band that would hold them firmly against that wall. The hook you could use in the closed position allows not only the in and out movement pivoting on the top rail but also about an inch of play left to right so they'd slam back and forth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3651.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	49620

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this isn't a duplicate. I'm having posting issues. Anyway the doors have nothing at the bottom. They're just suspended in the air by the top rail, so they move in and out at the bottom. Maybe a summer intern designed them. Another 24 Solitude was the same way so not a mistake. Here's a photo in the stowed position which is also open. The arrow points to the rubber band that would hold them firmly against that wall. The hook you could use in the closed position allows not only the in and out movement pivoting on the top rail but also about an inch of play left to right so they'd slam back and forth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3651.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	49620
    On our 2019 Reflection 337RLS we have a similar closet up front and there are heavy plastic straps located at the top that hold them in the open position. The bathroom pocket door has the same strap.
    We travel with the doos wide open all of the time and with over 20,000 miles on the RV the only thing that has fallen out is a baseball cap off of the top small shelf. My wife has "inside duties" while setting up and she always just lays on the bed and does a quick look to make sure nothing is in the way. On the other hand my bathroom sliding pocket door strap allows too much play and the door moved too much for my liking. I resolved that with a small piece of pool noodle slit and slid over the stap to secure the door tightly.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    On our 2019 Reflection 337RLS we have a similar closet up front and there are heavy plastic straps located at the top that hold them in the open position. The bathroom pocket door has the same strap.
    We travel with the doos wide open all of the time and with over 20,000 miles on the RV the only thing that has fallen out is a baseball cap off of the top small shelf. My wife has "inside duties" while setting up and she always just lays on the bed and does a quick look to make sure nothing is in the way. On the other hand my bathroom sliding pocket door strap allows too much play and the door moved too much for my liking. I resolved that with a small piece of pool noodle slit and slid over the stap to secure the door tightly.
    Good to know. If I can talk the wife into this unit, I may first try it as is. If I find it just doesn't work I'll just take my "told you so's". I try to find the positives in things and the positive here is no lip into the closet. It's a flat floor all the way in. So there's that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know. If I can talk the wife into this unit, I may first try it as is. If I find it just doesn't work I'll just take my "told you so's". I try to find the positives in things and the positive here is no lip into the closet. It's a flat floor all the way in. So there's that.
    We also have the lower rails to 'keep the doors in place' and a locking pin near the W/D closet that holds the doors shut while traveling. Continually have to re-adjust the height of the doors to get them to open/close smoothly so maybe the new design isn't such a bad thing. Only concern I'd have is based on our bathroom door strap (second one) which always pops and the door is open or held shut by the magnet every trip.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the closet up front, shouldn't be too much bouncing. With our 380FL and the closet in the rear, have to use pipe insulation foam over the hangers or everything will bounce off the rod.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issue I have had on our 2018 310 GK is with the mirrors on the sliding doors. The sealant on the back side holding them in place has separated in some places, causing them to rattle. I'm hoping to find some kind of fastener that is more robust than the glue that was used on mine.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have stated, our 2020 310GK has a double rail and two tabs per door at the bottom. The latch holds the doors closed during travel with zero issues. Perhaps @huntr70 can tell us if something has changed on the 2024 models (most of the front bedroom Solitudes have this same setup).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast