User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't respond because it sounded like a scam to me. I'm not saying it is a scam. I didn't look into. It just didn't sound right. Hope it works out well for you.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Truck was picked up today, left me with a '17 4 door Silverado with 15,000 miles on it. They said it would get oil and all filter changes before going on the dynamometer. Will be returned to me in a couple of weeks with full tank, washed and detailed inside & out. The guy stated "this class" has already failed once and this is the second round of testing. He wasn't being really specific about what he meant by "class", ie; 2013's or 6.7 diesel. I'll find out more when it's returned in a couple of weeks.
    Vehicles are tested based on weight class.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I didn't respond because it sounded like a scam to me. I'm not saying it is a scam. I didn't look into. It just didn't sound right. Hope it works out well for you.
    I agree with you on this, sounds strange, plus I don't want to give up my truck for a minute
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Truck was picked up today, left me with a '17 4 door Silverado with 15,000 miles on it. They said it would get oil and all filter changes before going on the dynamometer. Will be returned to me in a couple of weeks with full tank, washed and detailed inside & out. The guy stated "this class" has already failed once and this is the second round of testing. He wasn't being really specific about what he meant by "class", ie; 2013's or 6.7 diesel. I'll find out more when it's returned in a couple of weeks.

Good deal! Are they interested in testing any GMCs? Research pays pretty good, in the past
    I've gotten paid and fed lunch to let some research firm look over our old Aerostar ninnie van and one time it was a 3 hr market research on zip lock bags. Opening and closing bags blindfolded for 3 hrs paid another $100. My research contact lady passed away and haven't participated in a while, used to love the good pay for a short afternoon of my time.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't like the idea in general. If all they want to do is measure what comes out of the tail pipe, let them go rent a vehicle.
    For me, I would have to get some assurances that the truck's emissions system would not be disassembled, modified, retuned or messed with in any way by the EPA. $1400 and a loaner for 2 weeks sounds like free money, but I have learned that nobody will give you something for nothing.
    If the truck fails emissions testing by the EPA, what then? Would I be required to take it to the dealer within so many days to have the emissions system changed, fixed or modified? What if a dealer said the truck's emissions was ok. Now am I stuck in the middle of the EPA and FCA fighting it out? No thanks! They can't buy me for $1400 and that headache.

Now with the new DEF requirement, the new emission systems and re-engineered EGR systems on newer diesels, I suspect somebody is concerned about the vehicles living up to the cafe standards. Then again there are so many owners removing parts of the emissions systems on newer trucks or installing chips for better power, fuel mileage and what not, maybe that has peeked their interest. Nobody in their right mind would give their shade tree modified truck to the EPA for testing.

Emissions testing here in TX so close to the border is ridiculous. Mexico and Central Amer could care less about emissions and a lot of their smog, smoke and crap ends up over on this side of the border. We don't have emissions testing in the county where I live, just a safety inspection and that is a joke. You still see rent-a-wrecks driving on the roads with parts of the vehicle held on by duct tape, bungee cords and parts falling off going down the road!

Safety inspections are just another way for testing facilities to fail your vehicle for wiper blades, then try to sell you new blades at a ridiculous cost. Had a guy tell me the other day my truck failed it's safety inspection because the emergency brake wouldn't hold the vehicle in forward or reverse gear. The idiot only had the emergency brake pedal depressed half way. He was all set to sell me a new brake job.
    While I'm ranting, trailer safety inspections are a joke as well. All they check is the lights, no testing of the brake system or emergency brake away system or even check for bald tires for that matter. And yet we see trailers of all kinds that should be in a junk yard towed down the roads, usually with no visible working lights of any kind on the trailer.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

Good deal! Are they interested in testing any GMCs? Research pays pretty good, in the past
    I've gotten paid and fed lunch to let some research firm look over our old Aerostar ninnie van and one time it was a 3 hr market research on zip lock bags. Opening and closing bags blindfolded for 3 hrs paid another $100. My research contact lady passed away and haven't participated in a while, used to love the good pay for a short afternoon of my time.
    Sorry Marcy. I just can't help it.

A NINNIE VAN? I'm still chuckling. Thanks for making my day.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post

I won't say it but Marcy was the driver of that van.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post

I am chuckling picturing her opening and closing ziplock bags blindfolded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry GM owners, your next on Big Brothers list. They went after Harley-Davidson who had to quit selling performance ECU's, pay millions in fines AND make sure every household in the southern states that used a wood burning stove met certain standards. Im not kidding. And say goodbye to new air cooled Harley's. Yep-new emissions standards are gonna kill the potatoe potato potato. Bring on the sewing machine Harley motors ������!
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^Yep. Its all about shaking down and harassing vehicle manufacturers with the ultimate goal of killing the diesel engine. This is a perfect example if what happens when bureaucratic organizations (EPA &CARB) are given unbridled power and no oversight by elected officials.
    The few that get money and free trucks to drive make out well, but in the end, its another nail in the coffin for a free society.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast