User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin’ Dreamers View Post
    I know I know I know!!!! It’s the first manual my dad tried to teach me on - 1st to 2nd I just about shoved the shift lever through the windshield!!
    Dreaming - You must not be old enough

You must be old if you needed to learn how to double clutch to drive.

Man folks have it easy now with paddle sifters and sweet syncrows (sp) In my case I started out with 1st not having a syncro - by the end 2 had no syncro and 1st was missing a gear tooth. But I sure had fun It was a 60's IH Travelall. It had pozi so pulling doughnuts in the school parking lot was easy. Our first school drivers ed car was a Nova SS 350 with 4 speed - had it 3 weeks and then they got us a Chevel SS with auto. Our necks and nerves felt better. I missed that Nova though - burn outs at the traffic lights and the look on the driver eds face while he had his foot mashed on his break peddle. It must have had low gearing as you could chirp going into 4th. Needless to say I was not his favorite student.

Sure came in handy as the Scout camp had a surplus 6x6 and no one could drive a clutch but I could. Was used to haul the canoes down to the river and other stuff. If I remember it had 3 levers (could have been 4) and 16 gears and no syncros. One week we picked up used RR ties - I did all the driving including getting into 6x6 granny mode (RR foreman showed me how)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UTZ potato chips home delivered in a big tin.

How about trash men who went to the side of your hose, emptied your trash into a big square of burlap. Slung that over their shoulder. After 2 or 3 houses empty the burlap into the trash truck.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only did my aunt have Charles Chips delivered in a tin, the milk delivery included pasteurized milk and you could pour the cream off the top for coffee. She perked the coffee on the half of the stove that was gas, instead of the other side that was wood burning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have Gun Will Travel
    Jim Bowie
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes me ... that's right I was the kid that set the antenna to the correct direction on the roof ... channels were marked on the dial ... all 3 of them .... Milk bottles on the front porch!! .. Later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    ...you remember when RV's had propane lighting inside.

feel free to add to the list.
    OMG, I remember this from the trailer Dad purchased when he took us to Yellowstone in 1968.

Also, the trailer hitch was welded to the Ford Country Squire Station wagon. Dad took me to the trailer dealer when they welded the hitch to the frame. That's where he first told me not to watch the welding because it would burn my eyes. As I a six year old child, it didn't make sense that my eyes would burn, but he was Dad and you did what he told you to do or not to do in this case.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    You are old if you remember lying on the rear window deck of Dad’s ‘55 Mercury. Nice and warm and never once rolled off.
    Man, sleeping in the rear window was the best!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    You might be old and being happy when the milk man delivered. The top of every milk bottle had heavy cream and mom gave you first dibs. (before homogenization)
    Or the Borden's milk bottle was capped with a crimped paper top.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    Not only did my aunt have Charles Chips delivered in a tin, the milk delivery included pasteurized milk and you could pour the cream off the top for coffee. She perked the coffee on the half of the stove that was gas, instead of the other side that was wood burning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Kay,

Temple Dairy, in glass bottles with the waxed cardboard cap. I’m just a smidge too young to have seen my grandmother purchase the bottles with the bulge in the neck (made it easier to pour off the cream), but she had some empty ones stashed in the basement.
    N

Ooohhh! Her wringer washing machine!!!!
    Last edited by Houndbb; 03-31-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Remember the screw jacks we carried to each corner of the trailer?
    2. Remember buying and installing a $40 hand-rollup awning from Penny Store? (And how it ripped easily in the wind) Early awning had a rope sewn on one edge for hand stringing in a small guide along top edge of trailer.
    3. Electric outside porch light that unscrewed for traveling.
    4. Furnace stood from floor to ceiling and had no blower.....gravity heating.
    5. gas inside light.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast