User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I have 2 places to turn on the hot water heater on my 351M?

I’m not sure how to use the hot water heater on my ( new to me ) 351M. It has an on / off switch on the heater itself ( as shown in the picture ), but there is also an on / off on the control panel inside.

So far I’ve been turning them both on when we arrive at our site. Do I need to do this? Or is it one or the other?

Thank you as always in advance! [emoji4]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3510.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	29808

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3508.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	29807

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I Am correct the switch on the hot water heater is for service, used to disable heater when being worked on. Use the other one for on off.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scocciante View Post
    If I Am correct the switch on the hot water heater is for service, used to disable heater when being worked on. Use the other one for on off.
    Got it! Thank you! So the switch on the heater can be left in the ON position permanently, I then control it on and off from the panel inside?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMClass View Post
    Got it! Thank you! So the switch on the heater can be left in the ON position permanently, I then control it on and off from the panel inside?
    Yes. I only turn the outside witch off when I drain the water heater (such as winterize the trailer). Then I have to remember to turn it back on in the spring (that is what check lists are for). Both switches must be on for the heater to work on 120v AC. Not sure if the outside switch effects operation on gas.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 09-28-2020 at 12:08 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree.

I had this same question on my 381M but couldn’t find the info anywhere, except the lovely people here who answered in another thread.

I tested multiple scenarios as well and they both have to be on to get your hot water. I leave the physical switch on the water heater ON always, then just use the touchscreen when I’m getting to a site or leaving a site.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge