User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    One thing I do not like about the Nautilus system is that you really do not know what you are doing. Without a doubt, it's idiot proof but those that like to know what you are doing, it's worthless. I do believe I tried every conceivable way with the valves and that could not be the problem. Of course, if I knew that the problem was I would not be asking.
    Check out these dwgs. I dont recall who drew them up or where I copied them from but they explain the Nautilus system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City Water Supply.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	38269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dry Camp.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	38270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power Fill Tank.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	38271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanitize, Siphon to Tank.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	38272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winterize, Siphon to Fixtures.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	38273
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One side bar tidbit: Frozen burst pipes generally burst due to air pressure! Water is trapped, and as it freezes expands. This compresses the air behind/ahead of it, until the localized high pressure is too much for the pipe! Not saying it is the only reason for freezing damage as the water itself can break things, especially in fittings, pumps, etc.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Butcher

This probably isn't the answer to your solution but it may have something to do with internal cartridges in the shower and kitchen sink faucets. My buddy tried just the air method to winterize, he thought he had done everything right and it ended up that both of those cartridges held water and they both froze and split. Don't know why it happened but now he always makes sure antifreeze flows through every device. I just found it odd that his were the same two faucets you're having trouble with.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-26-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what I think is happening and hope I will not have those issues like your buddy. I've had real good luck with just air and if I have to use antifreeze next year, I will certainly do that.

I swear at least one time the valves were open before I put air in the system, but I would not swear to it.

I do not think it was even close to freezing when I did blow them out so I do not think the air froze things up. I have no answer to my problem so I can only only speculate.

Again, I really appreciate all those that shared their opinions. I promise, I will give an answer once I dive into this a bit. Having an answer may help someone in the future.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I placed water system back on line after using air to winterize the system. We are getting ready to make a trip out of the cold country. I was having trouble getting water in the kitchen and shower. The bathroom sink had some water but not much flow. I inspected and cleaned the screens on the kitchen faucet and shower head and everthing worked fine. I found a lot a calcuim on those sceens. Not saying this has anything to do with air, but it could be restricting air flow.

Wayne
    Wayne & Diane
    2019 F350 DRW CC LB 6.7
    2019 Solitude 344GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re probably fine, mots of the plumbing is pex or hose and not likely to split even if there is water in them. Fixtures, fittings, valves, HW Heater, water filters etc are where you will usually have problems.
    Pour a bit of anti freeze down the P traps as well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    I purchased a '20 29RS and I'm blowing out the lines to get ready for the cold blast that will be here in a couple days. I've done this before with other 5th wheels but for some reason, I'm perplexed with this one.

With the system pressurized with air, I get air coming out of the bathroom sink, but after the water was pushed through the shower and kitchen, I do not hear any air coming out of them.

Any ideas?
    Hi Butcher, I have a 2019 29RS. Not sure if there is too much difference between 2019 and 2020. On my unit I followed the directions in the manual for the Nautilus system. 1. Powerfill positions, drain low point and manually drain hot water tank. 2 45 degree with all except black and then max 40 psi on air. I did then have water come from all inside faucets followed by spurts of water and air. I did use the antifreeze pulled into the system. I have no idea why you would not hear the air. I did hear air and so agree with you on that part. Good luck with finding a cause. Please keep up posted if you do find something.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 reason I don't use air to much trouble and if you don't all the water out that's a problem.First I extended my low point drains to where they are even with the sewer outlet put a valve shutoff I do drain them a little bit hook up my pink stuff ,get pink out low point drain shut back off do the out side shower its the close to the panel go inside ,shower, toilet/bathroom sink /kitchen sink /out side at rear wash outlet. I have 3 gal jug that I put the pink stuff in so I don't need to change out 1 gal at a time . I do all again a second time just crack on than off to be sure .I may use 1/2 gal more by doing it this way but it sure we have a 29rs too.By the way you almost need your book for the panel many steps but simple hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check and make sure that you do not have sediment in the aerators on those fixtures. I generally remove the aerators and the shower head before I do any of the winterizing/air bleed stuff.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's covered with snow now. It has not got over freezing and the cold spell should last a few more days.

The aerator idea does sound like a good thing to check. I do have antifreeze in the drains.

Updates will happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast