User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laundry Pet Peeves - Splendide Washer

The front load washer in my old sticks and bricks took about an hour and did a good job. My Splendide supposedly will take just under 2 hours using the casual setting, but takes more like 2.5 hours. Add time drying and you're just over 4 hours start to finish for a single load--are you freaking kidding me?!

So that's my biggest pet peeve. I'm happy enough with the dryer. It does with 120 volts on a 15 amp breaker what most require 240 volts and 20 amp breakers to do--I can even forgive the extended drying time. But the washer seems not terribly efficient with power, water or time.

So what's better? Does anyone know how long the similar sized LG or Samsung takes for a load? I'm more interested in LG since it seems more suitable to a 15 amp breaker.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    The front load washer in my old sticks and bricks took about an hour and did a good job. My Splendide supposedly will take just under 2 hours using the casual setting, but takes more like 2.5 hours. Add time drying and you're just over 4 hours start to finish for a single load--are you freaking kidding me?!

So that's my biggest pet peeve. I'm happy enough with the dryer. It does with 120 volts on a 15 amp breaker what most require 240 volts and 20 amp breakers to do--I can even forgive the extended drying time. But the washer seems not terribly efficient with power, water or time.

So what's better? Does anyone know how long the similar sized LG or Samsung takes for a load? I'm more interested in LG since it seems more suitable to a 15 amp breaker.
    Do you have a vented dryer unit? Our load times are similar to our full-size units we used to have at the house, but just on a much smaller scale. 30-40 minutes wash, about an hour to dry. Just takes 3 loads to equal 1 from the full size.

Full Timing Family in a 2021 Momentum 395MS-R, towed by our
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asking whether people like washer/dryer in rigs is like asking about slide toppers or tires. I for one don't want them. Take up valuable closet space, add weight to an already heavy 380FL and are too small. Did laundry at the campground on Sunday. 5 washer loads all at the same time, then into 3 dryer loads. Was finished including folding and putting things away in less than 90 minutes. That's way faster than sticks-and-bricks since you can do multiple loads at the same time. Now I can see cost could be an issue if you full-time (we don't; cost around $18 today), but worth it to me to only spend 90 minutes every 3 weeks or so on laundry. Just my opinion.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @chemist308, I've reread your post several times and think you may have separates. Is this the case and is the dryer vented? We have Whirlpool stackables (vented dryer). The washer cycles run 45 minutes to an hour depending on how large a load we put in (it will hold quite a bit, as will the the dryer). The dryer takes several hours, though, for larger, heavier loads. It does not get as hot as a 240VAC dryer (obviously). The advantage with the separates is that we can run another load through the washer while clothes are in the dryer.

As for laundromats, we were reasonably happy with that our first 4.5 years of full-timing... until the pandemic hit. We installed the W/D in our new Solitude (delivered weeks before the beginning of the pandemic) and will never go back to the laundromat life.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @chemist308, I've reread your post several times and think you may have separates. Is this the case and is the dryer vented? We have Whirlpool stackables (vented dryer). The washer cycles run 45 minutes to an hour depending on how large a load we put in (it will hold quite a bit, as will the the dryer). The dryer takes several hours, though, for larger, heavier loads. It does not get as hot as a 240VAC dryer (obviously). The advantage with the separates is that we can run another load through the washer while clothes are in the dryer.

As for laundromats, we were reasonably happy with that our first 4.5 years of full-timing... until the pandemic hit. We installed the W/D in our new Solitude (delivered weeks before the beginning of the pandemic) and will never go back to the laundromat life.

Rob
    Yes, mine are separates. I’ve got a Splendide washer and a Splendide dryer. New in 2018 and had them installed by the dealer as part of the purchase. My biggest issue is with the time the washer takes. But in the back of my head I’m constantly worried about the damage the intense vibration does…
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model number

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Rob would you happen to have the model number for your Whirlpool unit? Tia

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Rob would you happen to have the model number for your Whirlpool unit? Tia
    They are stacked separates (vented dryer). The washer is WHLWFW3090JWMD. The dryer is WHLLDR3822PQMD.

rOB
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015