User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Confused

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Isn't that pretty much what I said....model year based on the VIN. The VIN don't lie.
    Try to give them the model year, based on what you know according to your VIN,,,, without telling them the VIN....And see what happens.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryball View Post
    We bought a 303rls in December '19 and picked it up in Jan of 2020. All our paper work, including the registration and warranty paperwork says our 303rls is a 2020. Last week we had some repairs done and when the repair shop looked at the vin numbers to order parts they told us our trailer was actually a 2019. Before I contact our worthless dealership I thought I'd see if this is normal. Any ideas?
    We actually had an almost similar experience. We purchased a 303rls in August of 2019. It was designated by the factory as a model year 2020 (L is on the VIN and DMV registers it as a 2020.) The dealer said it was a 2020 but they also had 2020's that had different exterior color (white vs. the off white) and some with both different exteriors and different interiors. The rest of the features were exactly the same. We preferred the off white and the darker interior. So we bought it. But the first time I took it to an independent RV repair place they asked if it was a 2019 because of the exterior color. When they looked at the VIN they verified it was a 2020.

Sadly until this year there were no standards regarding model year changes, and those that now exist are only voluntary. As one person said, the factory just uses up the stuff they have until they don't have it anymore even though the model year has changed. So they definitely need to look at the VIN to determine what parts you needed because the things they used changed in the middle of the year (or more frequently). Some people have used the term model year 2020 and 2020 1/2 to talk about these differences.

And of course with the supply chain issues over the past two years, who can predict what they will have or look like. So, based on my understanding, look at your VIN, if it has an L then it is a 2020. If it has a K it is a 2019. If your DMV registered it is something different from what the VIN says, I would follow-up with them first. In any case, if there is a discrepancy between what model year the VIN states and what you were sold, you have a valid complaint. Not sure what your recourse is. You might ask your DMV because that would be fraud and at least in California, they are rather picky about fraud. We have a special board for filing complaints about dealer fraud.

In any case we love our "early 2020" 303rls. Hope you are enjoying yours.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Butcher
    Please try and reply to each post by hitting the "Reply With Quote" tab or using the
    @_ _ _ _ _ _ featuring the forum name of the person to whom you are replying to as I have done in this reply. It helps others follow along, especially with longer threads where your reply isn't necessarily right after the person you are replying to.
    Thanks
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noted.

The method to my madness is that quoting people really clutters up a thread. So I don't. Usually, when I make a comment, all you got to do is look at the above comment.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Noted.

The method to my madness is that quoting people really clutters up a thread. So I don't. Usually, when I make a comment, all you got to do is look at the above comment.
    Unless someone else posts before you do, then you're not replying to the post directly above.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but that shows up before I post.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not always, I've been guilty of posting and having someone post immediately before me and mine will come after that post.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, nothing is 100% but I really feel that quoting clutters a thread more than someone posting ahead of you.

I never thought of this being an issue except I belong to another Forum and the quote option is frowned upon and you will be called out on it.

I will keep an eye on it but I would not expect a huge change in my habits.

I suspect we should get back on the theme of this tread before it turns ugly. PM me if you got issues how I post. I am open for suggestions.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Yes, nothing is 100% but I really feel that quoting clutters a thread more than someone posting ahead of you.

I never thought of this being an issue except I belong to another Forum and the quote option is frowned upon and you will be called out on it.

I will keep an eye on it but I would not expect a huge change in my habits.

I suspect we should get back on the theme of this tread before it turns ugly. PM me if you got issues how I post. I am open for suggestions.
    I'm on a forum where "rule #1 " is "Quote the first post". And a very active thread really requires quotes, since 3 or 4 people may be posting at once. It can get confusing who's responding to who in that case (without quotes).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst thing is when someone quotes a multi-paragraph quote, with pictures and then responds with a simple "yes".

You don't have to quote all the time to respond and have readers understand who you are responding to.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast