Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJourneys0506 View Post
    I am going to try this tomorrow when we are hooked up. Thank you for the advice I assumed all the outlets were tied to that one breaker and we got busy today so I wasn’t able to try much.
    I may have missed something in this thread but are you sure there are no 120vac circuits in the trailer that you could use that are not on the GFCI circuit?

I like the idea of turning the problem breaker off, and then looking for another outlet that is still working.

Since the A/C worked OK on the pedestal 15 amp plug, it's obvious it doesn't want to play well with your trailer. The suggestions of bad breaker and loose connections sounds reasonable.
    Last edited by dryfly; 06-22-2022 at 08:31 PM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to try this tomorrow when we are hooked up. Thank you for the advice I assumed all the outlets were tied to that one breaker and we got busy today so I wasn’t able to try much.
    Any luck with your problem yet ?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Any luck with your problem yet ?
    Sorry for the late reply post. We just got back into the US from Canada and I had limited data usage over there so I did not use my computer much. The short and sweet of it is yes everything seems to be working fine now. We we got to our campsite in Canada first thing we did was leave everything off and just try the portable AC unit which worked just fine with no breakers being tripped. The only thing that we cannot have running with the AC unit is our airfryer(breaker trips when both are running) and we are fine with that because it is alot of power draw. My only guess is that it must have been something with the hosts power supply for their 30amp. I appreciate all the feedback that I got from this community and also appreciate you asking for a checkup. I got two happy dogs and a happy wife now
    Joseph and Haley Stanley and Lucy the Dogs

2018 F150 Sport 4x4
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply post. We just got back into the US from Canada and I had limited data usage over there so I did not use my computer much. The short and sweet of it is yes everything seems to be working fine now. We we got to our campsite in Canada first thing we did was leave everything off and just try the portable AC unit which worked just fine with no breakers being tripped. The only thing that we cannot have running with the AC unit is our airfryer(breaker trips when both are running) and we are fine with that because it is alot of power draw. My only guess is that it must have been something with the hosts power supply for their 30amp. I appreciate all the feedback that I got from this community and also appreciate you asking for a checkup. I got two happy dogs and a happy wife now
    Glad you have AC. You are most likely correct that it was the breaker on the campground box. I carry a Progressive Plugin device
    that gives me a picture of the wiring before I actually plug in. We were recently in Ohio, just south of the great lake there and it was very hot. So hot, that I needed both AC units running to get the RV comfortable. I plugged in and after just a few minutes of running, we lost all power in the RV. I checked the power pole at the campground and it was their 50 amp breaker that had tripped. That happened three times, so I switched to my 30 amp lines to run one AC unit. One was not working! My Progressive Plug reflected accurate wiring, so I knew it was the campground power breaker and after they replaced it, all was good and I sent it back to 50 amp. I always check the wiring before I plug in and still used a voltage protector when I plug the RV in.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy dogs and happy wife make life a lot easier. LOL Glad everything is working now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 days ago it was high 90's here in NE Florida. Neighbor's breaker kept tripping.....out of the blue. Changed the exterior pole breaker to a new one. Problem solved. Old and worn out like myself. That was our last answer as we tried everything already spoken about. Just lucky the old Campground Owner keeps backups on site for almost any eventuality. Smart man at 82.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have taken the portable AC unit out and plugged it into the15 amp plug on the hook up attached to the 30amp plug and it is running just fine. If anyone has any idea I am assuming that means something is wrong with the electrical in the trailer and not the hookup connections.
    I would try replacing the rv breaker thats tripping. Ive had to replace 2 in the last 2 years.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gland to hear things are OK now.

I am going to take a lot of flack for this...... my experience in Canada (multiple trips and have conducted caravans there) is that the power/wiring in Canadian campgrounds often leaves a lot be desired. We always recommended a Hughs Autoformer for folks when taking them to Canada and always carry one ourselves. OK - I just put my flack jacket on for responses about that..... To be fair, we've needed the Autoformer in the US more and more frequently - maybe it's the campgrounds we are using (or the heat?).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Gland to hear things are OK now.

I am going to take a lot of flack for this...... my experience in Canada (multiple trips and have conducted caravans there) is that the power/wiring in Canadian campgrounds often leaves a lot be desired. We always recommended a Hughs Autoformer for folks when taking them to Canada and always carry one ourselves. OK - I just put my flack jacket on for responses about that..... To be fair, we've needed the Autoformer in the US more and more frequently - maybe it's the campgrounds we are using (or the heat?).
    It's because you're doing it wrong. When your up here, north of the border, you have to wrap your cord 1 1/2 turns, clockwise, around pedestal to help the electron harmonics gain speed. Don't y'all do this? eh!
    Even though we've never had this issue or know anyone with much larger rigs who has, I'm guessing it's probably due to older camp grounds with aging infrastructure and not designed for today's much larger rigs. When I was a kid, my parents trailer didn't have ac, now some have up to 3. Maybe it's due to our crazy winter making life harder on these outside pedestals and breakers.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    It's because you're doing it wrong. When your up here, north of the border, you have to wrap your cord 1 1/2 turns, clockwise, around pedestal to help the electron harmonics gain speed. Don't y'all do this? eh!
    Even though we've never had this issue or know anyone with much larger rigs who has, I'm guessing it's probably due to older camp grounds with aging infrastructure and not designed for today's much larger rigs. When I was a kid, my parents trailer didn't have ac, now some have up to 3. Maybe it's due to our crazy winter making life harder on these outside pedestals and breakers.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the good sense of humor. We did stay at some pretty "rustic" campgrounds. A lot of them way up in Newfoundland. But we sure had fun!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123