Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog-Gone-It!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinICT View Post
    I used to be a tool truck franchisee. Try having a tray of those things fall off of a shelf while you're driving around town. Very noisy. Start stop, turning corners until you get to a place and stop.
    Sounds like an episode of I Love Lucy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Did you look in the sofa/chair cushions?

I was changing out the pendant lights over the kitchen island. Dropped a round, painted black, decorative nut. I heard but didn't actually see it hit the floor. I spent close to 30 minutes looking for it, thinking it rolled and went under the fridge or range or something. Exasperated, I gave up and sat down in the recliner seat to contemplate where I would find another. Yep. There it was in the recliner next to me. Must have bounced up there. Granted, the nut is smaller than a socket, but still.

Here's another. This past weekend, I was replacing the rear WeatherTech mud flaps on my F450 with Duraflaps. I completed the driver's side first. Laid all the parts on the gravel driveway for the passenger side flap. Installed one bracket. Was interrupted by my daughter for less than a minute. Went to grab the second bracket to install and couldn't find it. Looked everywhere, including between the tires. Even blamed the new puppy for grabbing it and running off with it. Had my son, daughter and wife look for it, too. 20 minutes later, I finally found it - I had already installed it.
    Naww, I think the puppy installed it just to mess with ya.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how many times I have done this. Seems to happen more often the older I get. Worst part is, I look for about an hour, wife come out and finds it in seconds!
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOUND IT!

That little booger must have bounced up onto the couch and rolled back through the cushions.
    We were able to pull the couch/bed out and there it was. I must have stabbed my telescoping magnet under there 100 times but never nabbed it.
    I can sleep now. The tool that was lost has now been found and returned to the tool chest with the others.

Thanks fella's.

Have a great weekend!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a simple answer to these issues ..... Gremlins....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I don't know how many times I have done this. Seems to happen more often the older I get. Worst part is, I look for about an hour, wife come out and finds it in seconds!
    Then I'm in trouble as it started way, way back for me - this one occurred when I was in my 20s.

I worked on the 23rd floor of a high rise office building with an attached parking deck in downtown Atlanta. I left the office late in the evening. After packing up, I grabbed my keys and headed to my car in the parking deck. I was carrying my briefcase and a box loaded with important papers. Down the elevator, across the mezzanine, out to the deck, up four flights of parking deck stairs and as I'm starting the long walk across the entire expanse of the deck, I start thinking, where did I put my keys? Finally get to the car, still unsure of where my keys might have been carefully stowed, lay the briefcase and box on the trunk and start fishing through my pockets. Since I was wearing a suit, I had lots of pockets to search. But, sadly, no luck. I emptied the box thinking I must have dropped them in there. Nope. Then the briefcase. Still nope. At this point, I'm trying to figure out who am I going to call since I lived alone and there wasn't anyone to bring me a second set of keys. I figured I must have dropped the keys along my route. I carefully retraced my steps while lugging everything back up 23 floors. Of course, I decided I better search the same elevator I originally took down. Problem was, there were 12 elevators. I had to go through the arrival of 5 or 6 of the other elevators before it dawned on me that I had to start pushing buttons on each of those elevators to send them to the higher floors so the correct elevator would actually be called to the ground floor. I'm sure the security guards were wondering what I was doing, maybe even thinking, has that guy been drinking? The correct elevator finally arrived. I bounded on with optimism knowing with certainty my keys would be right there in the middle of the elevator floor. I quickly scanned the entire 25 square feet and... no keys. Crikey. On to my office. No keys in the hallway, no keys on my desk. Nada. Nothing. Dejected and in a slight bit of a panic, I trudged back to the parking deck searching even more closely this time. As I passed the security guards for a third time, no waves this time. No slight nod of the head, no "good nights". This time, I was met with quizzical looks from each of the two guards. I'm pretty sure I caught both guards nodding in silent communication with one another and confirming the unspoken, "yep, guy must be drunk". I paid no heed as I had keys to find, people to beg. Get all the way to my car for a second time and still zip, zilcho, no keys to be seen. Put my briefcase and box down. Almost completely exasperated and with little to no hope, I walk up to driver's side window to see if can figure out how to get into my car. (At this point, I was sure I must have locked my keys in the car.) I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the window. The overhead fluorescents shone brightly. The momentary flash of something silver! That familiar glint. Yes, my keys! I found them! There they were! Yes, right where I put them when I first left my office over 20 minutes earlier - In my mouth, clenched between my teeth.

For those of you wondering, I swear there was no alcohol or other substances involved. Although had that been the case, at least I would have had some semblance of an excuse.

Edit: Parking deck clearance was 7' 6"
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 07-12-2022 at 07:35 AM. Reason: To make RV-related
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, is there any chance it may have bounced on top of something? From a ladder it could have bounced a two or three feet high...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Um, is there any chance it may have bounced on top of something? From a ladder it could have bounced a two or three feet high...
    Check Post 14
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12