User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Adding fans to the upper vent is a very common method to help the fridge....sometimes it works, many times it doesn't. With my Norcold 2118, it helped just ever so slightly, but still not enough. After three years of fighting it, I finally gave up and had the JC Refrigeration mod done. Twin 12VDC compressor mod and the fridge will NOW maintain temperature like it should....below zero in the freezer and 34-35° in the fresh food compartment. I hope your fan mod continues to work for you, but keep an eye on it....most people find that it is not the end all for the fridge.
    X2 on the JCRefrigeration upgrade (dual compressor). I'm currently in Texas, NE of Dallas. Been over 100 since I arrived 2 weeks ago. sun beats on the external side of refrigerator every afternoon. Refrigerator always under 40 (unless I load warm groceries) normally 35-38. Refrigerator recovers quickly from loading beverages, and other foods. Freezer always around 0. Wife VERY VERY happy now.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dometic struggles in hot, humid weather. With the fans I've added I can usually stay around 38-40 degrees but often it will creep up to 44 for a while. We have never had any incidents where the food went bad.

I constantly monitor with a remote thermometer and adjust the fridge temp as needed. I wonder about the vast amount of folks that never pay any attention to fridge temps, and particularly with kids opening and closing the door all day long. No telling what the temps get to.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved,,,installed interior circulation fan( small dutch made 12 volt) can set frig. On #4 and 36 degrees ,freezer at 20 degrees. You need to move the air inside the frig. As well, frig. Doesn’t get cold til after freezer does. And don’t try to over cool frig. By setting temp. Up to high (9) frig. Well over heat and sometimes shut down (safety).
    Retired Transportation ,
    2015 GMC 2500HD. (6.0L.) Crew Cab. S.R.W.
    2021 reflection 320 MKS. With some mod.s
    2nd. Rv. And lovin it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cshyman62 View Post
    Problem solved,,,installed interior circulation fan( small dutch made 12 volt) can set frig.
    I have a battery powered fan inside mine. It does help, but is still not enough on hot days in the sun.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    My wife thinks I bought it as a project instead of for camping.
    I've heard the same from mine.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12