Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: awning caps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awning caps

Just returned from a trip and noticed that both end caps on the front awning are missing. Must've just happened because the trailer was washed before this trip.
    It seems that this is not an uncommon occurrence and finding the correct replacement caps can be challenging.
    I've read a few threads on this and searched around a bit for parts but it would really help if I had a picture of what they looked like. I believe different models and years used different parts.
    Can anyone with a 2020 or 2021 310GK please snap a picture or 2 and post them here? I believe that may be a big time saver. Thank you.
    Last edited by oskur d; 07-18-2022 at 07:03 PM.
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS w/disc brakes, solar
    2019 F350 Lariat 4WD LB SRW Powerstroke, Carli PinTop suspension, Firestone airbags, Hensley BD5
    1952 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door Sport Coupe, (body off resto) original 216 Stovebolt (a whopping 95 hp)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oskur d View Post
    Just returned from a trip and noticed that both end caps on the front awning are missing. Must've just happened because the trailer was washed before this trip.
    It seems that this is not an uncommon occurrence and finding the correct replacement caps can be challenging.
    I've read a few threads on this and searched around a bit for parts but it would really help if I had a picture of what they looked like. I believe different models and years used different parts.
    Can anyone with a 2020 or 2021 310GK please snap a picture or 2 and post them here? I believe that may be a big time saver. Thank you.
    Happened to us also. Our dealer says it's common. We got the replacement part info from them.
    2017 Ford F350 SRW King Ranch 8' bed
    2022 Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R
    Factory installed 300 watts solar; 2 x 100ah BB batteries; GenY hitch with gooseneck coupler

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks but I have a different awning. Your link is for the Carefree Longitude. I have the Carefree Compass. They're all very similar, that's why I thought a picture would help.

Here is a picture of mine without the caps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awning cap 2.JPEG 
Views:	2 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	41945
    Last edited by oskur d; 07-19-2022 at 08:04 PM.
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS w/disc brakes, solar
    2019 F350 Lariat 4WD LB SRW Powerstroke, Carli PinTop suspension, Firestone airbags, Hensley BD5
    1952 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door Sport Coupe, (body off resto) original 216 Stovebolt (a whopping 95 hp)