User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding rear view camera to 2014 337rls

Hi, we are the original owners of a 2014 Reflection 337RLS. I would like to add a rear view camera. Does anyone know if the trailer is prewired for a camera? I have three running lights at the top of the rear

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

You can tell whether or not it is pre-wired/prepped by the presence of the little housing mount for the Furrion camera. It that's not there, it's still very simple to tap into the power leads for the top center clearance light for the camera. The camera is then on when you have the running lights on and off the rest of the time.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

You can tell whether or not it is pre-wired/prepped by the presence of the little housing mount for the Furrion camera. It that's not there, it's still very simple to tap into the power leads for the top center clearance light for the camera. The camera is then on when you have the running lights on and off the rest of the time.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I do not have an existing mount. I was hoping there was a designated hot wire ran to rear of 5th wheel that I could tap into without having to power on the lights to use camera.I will have to remove the center running light to see, i guess

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhunts View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I do not have an existing mount. I was hoping there was a designated hot wire ran to rear of 5th wheel that I could tap into without having to power on the lights to use camera.I will have to remove the center running light to see, i guess
    The positive wire to the center light is hot when the running lights are on. I had a 2016 Reflection 337 that came with the camera prep - the the power to the camera was on all the time. I didn't like it this way, so I removed the center light right above the camera and switched the camera power to the lead on the running light. That way the camera wasn't on 24/7 - only when the trailer was hitched up and the running lights were on. Grand Design eventually started wiring them from the factory that way, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Foxhunts, welcome to the forum. Since you've already had good advice from Second Chance, you can see this forum is a great place to interact with other GD owners.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is what i will probably end up doing then. Did you mount the camera under the light?, and if so were you able to fish an extra lead down from the existing hot that few inches so there weren't any wires exposed to outside

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is what i will probably end up doing then. Did you mount the camera under the light?, and if so were you able to fish an extra lead down from the existing hot that few inches so there weren't any wires exposed to outside
    I mounted the camera on my 14 303 above the light using a fabricated aluminum plate that mounts via the existing marker light mounting holes. I drilled a hole in the top side of the baseplate of the marker light to route the power wire into the existing hole. Sealed the hole drilled in the light with silicon and the rest with Dicor.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2016 came with the little mount already under the light. It was relatively easy to reach up inside and pull down the wires from the light to rewire it. No big deal.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, we are the original owners of a 2014 Reflection 337RLS. I would like to add a rear view camera. Does anyone know if the trailer is prewired for a camera? I have three running lights at the top of the rear
    Our 2014 303 had a Tadi Brothers camera mounted by the selling dealer. It is mounted about 6" below the center rear clearance light. The transmitter/antenna unit is mounted on the upper panel in the rear cabinet. Wiring continues down the inside of the cabinent center panel into and tapped into the lights under the rear cabinet. I do not know how the dealer located and tapped into the wires but it was done w/o any cabinet damage. Possibly the wire was "fished" and snagged or maybe the inside bottom or outside lower paneling was removed and re-stapled. In any event, no damage and no visible sign of removal/re-installation.

If you would like pictures, I will take some and share those on this thread or in a PM to you or txt them if easier.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting 4 pictures from my phone giving me fits....will do from laptop later

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220822_081426.jpg  
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 08-23-2022 at 09:54 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide