User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bidet on Dometic 320 - Lack of TP SOLVED

So, my toilet paper supply was running low, and just got scammed on Amazon over RV toilet paper. Then I learned about the bidet toilet seat. This amazing invention ALMOST eliminates the need for TP, but comes at the expense of more frequent black tank dumps. I decided it was worth it. Here's the list of parts that I used (all from Lowes just down the street from me):

1 Brondell Bidet Toilet Seat

2 Brass PEX to Polybutylene Adapters

1 Push-to-Connect Reducing Tee 1/2, 1/2 x 3/8

1 5' Length of 1/2" PEX - shortest I could find...

Later, I'll also add 2 1/2" PEX Elbows later to take a kink I introduced into the blue toilet by reconnecting.

First I removed the toilet to give myself more room to work. If you've never done that in yours, see how I did that in steps 1 - 7, in my earlier thread on toilet flange replacement.

Then I:

1. Used a tubing cutter to cut the hose about 2 - 3 inches from the point where it entered the bathroom, and set the cut portion aside because this was needed later in the project

2. Crimped the multi-ridge/barb end of 1 polybutylene adapter to the hose entering the bathroom (using the shiny copper colored ring)

3. Crimped on a short (maybe 1.5") length of PEX tubing to the PEX side of the adapter

4. Crimped on the 1/2" ball valve

5. Crimped on a short (maybe 2") length of PEX tubing

6. Pushed on the Push-to-Connect Reducing Tee--I'd have used a cheaper PEX crimp kind, but I was limited to Lowes stock. I removed the compression fitting connector and just left the threads exposed.

7. Pushed on a short length of PEX to the other side of the T connector

8. Crimped on the PEX side of the remaining Polybutylene PEX adapter

9. Crimped on the blue toilet hose I'd set aside--I should have used an elbow here and another short length of PEX first, as this would have eliminated the kink I put in the hose when I re-installed the toilet

10. Re-installed the toilet--see earlier post (above) and work in reverse

11. Replaced the toilet seat per Brondell instructions (an instruction video is one of the images in the Lowe's link to it I provided)

12. Connected the Brondell's flexible hose to the connect T and the toilet seat, then turned on the water at both the ball valve and the connect T.

For some reason it's not letting me upload images. So, sorry. I have pics, but you don't get to see them.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of all that you could have just gotten a new replacement vacuum breaker for the back side with a hose attachment for about $35 and a faucet spray hose for $10. The Dometic spray hose is considerably more. The vacuum breaker has a tap for 1/2" hose and comes with a clamp. It also is only pressured when you press the flush pedal so the spray has a double shut off. The spray hose trigger handle hanger I found in the excess parts bin from an old shower head kit so that was free.
    https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-38523...T8A3SVZNNZTDKM
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-14-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chemist308,

What a great upgrade. Once you experience a bidet seat you can’t go back.

I sent you a PM with my email address requesting pictures.

Thanks,
    Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A special THANKS to Chemist308 for posting his installation. Using his posting I installed the same Brondell and Dometic 320 in my 337RLS. It’s so nice to have a higher toilet and a bidet seat in our trailer. Thread here https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...c-toilet/page3
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    A special THANKS to Chemist308 for posting his installation. Using his posting I installed the same Brondell and Dometic 320 in my 337RLS. It’s so nice to have a higher toilet and a bidet seat in our trailer. Thread here https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...c-toilet/page3
    You're quite welcome Jerry. I originally did this because of the toilet paper shortage of 2020. It was like the whole country went insane. Anyway, having done it, there's no way I'd every go back to not having one. I'm actually thinking of upgrading to a heated unit. When I pulled off the back wall as part of my solar install, I noticed it'd be easy to tie into the wire feeding the outlets on the coffee bar.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    You're quite welcome Jerry. I originally did this because of the toilet paper shortage of 2020. It was like the whole country went insane. Anyway, having done it, there's no way I'd every go back to not having one. I'm actually thinking of upgrading to a heated unit. When I pulled off the back wall as part of my solar install, I noticed it'd be easy to tie into the wire feeding the outlets on the coffee bar.

OMG, You’re going to cost me more money.

We have Toto Heated “Washlet” Bidet seats with heated water in the bedroom bathrooms in both our home and our vacation home. The other bathrooms all have the basic Brondell bidet seats. We live in Florida so “cold” water is 75-78 degrees. I’m not sure how I’d like refreshing colder water when traveling with the RV.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 09-11-2022 at 07:59 AM.
    Jerry & Linda

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you dry yourself with after rinsing off all the cling ons?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    What do you dry yourself with after rinsing off all the cling ons?
    Pat dry with about 6 sheets of TP.

The Toto Washlet installed at home if full of features
    1- the toilet led or seat raises up by itself when you approach. Your choice
    2- it has a LED that lights up the inside of the bowl and pre-mists with ionized water
    3- pressure sensor on seat activates a blower with odor filter when you sit down
    4- warm water wash that pulsates and oscillates.temp, pulsation, oscillation and probe position adjustable via wireless remote control
    5- remote control to adjust probe position, water temp, seat temp, blow dryer etc
    6- after exiting seat the odor filter fan continues for about 30 seconds
    7- the seat lowers automatically.

It sounds crazy but once you experience it it’s really nice.
    Jerry & Linda