User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a YouTube video from Wandering Weekends giving more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...ature=youtu.be
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Adventure in Motion models are using Azdel and are using single 4400# axles. The 3 prototypes are close to 1,000# CCC. 12V fridge, on-demand WH, solar, 2" receiver for racks, and walk on roof are highlights. Honestly, they're not innovative, but GDs entry in the space that other manufacturers have a strong foothold in. Because they're in Meyer's section, I didn't stay to find out anticipated pricing. Supposedly there could be a rugged or trail version, depending on feedback.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Just wondering why she would feel more comfortable pulling a single axle trailer? Size/weight?

I've always wondered what happens when a major wheel event happens on a single axle. I mean like loosing a wheel to a bearing failure, spring hangers breaking loose from the frame, etc.
    To be honest, IDK. Size I guess and it's not like ours is a big rig. We're only 26 ft and roughly averaging slightly over 6000 lbs. I know she can do it and when we are in open country roads I offer but she's not ready I guess. One day.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    GD (Don Clark) mentioned this line at the Rally, but don't think they had one there. Have to wonder , Is this their response to loosing 2 key employees that left to form the new Brinkley RV which is going to start by concentrating on that same smaller RV market.
    Marcy - where did you learn that Brinkley is going to start with small units like this ?
    Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL-ACES View Post
    My single axle 12’ utility trailer came with bias ply tires. When they wore out I replaced them with a load range D 15” radial tire. It now pulls worse than it did with the bias ply tires on it, feels “spongy”. This is a single 3,500# axle. I agree that double axle trailers pull better, especially with radial tires. If the single axle trailer had a heavy enough suspension and stiffer tires it would be a lot better, but most don’t.
    1st thing I would do with that TT is change the tires out to BFG KO2's and add shocks. I've put shocks on two previous TT's and they make a big difference.
    I will say though that the BH model with all that storage in the rear is asking for sway issues. GD should've moved the axle more rearwards but then they couldn't be attractive to low payload/TW vehicles.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Marcy - where did you learn that Brinkley is going to start with small units like this ?
    Dan
    It was written in the RV Business news maybe a month or so ago. If you feel like searching you'll find it
    https://www.rv.com/rv/trending-rvs/i...d-on-towables/
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-15-2022 at 11:32 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    It was written in the RV Business news maybe a month or so ago. If you feel like searching you'll find it
    https://www.rv.com/rv/trending-rvs/i...d-on-towables/
    Thanks, Marcy. I do read RV Business but not this publication. May need to subscribe to it as well since RV Business did not cover the "small towables/small travel trailers" market segments. I think the general public will learn before too long about other market segments with products to be built as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to RV Business there will be 4 new floorplans:
    link removed

"The new, small travel trailer mentioned previously is the AIM – or Adventure In Motion series – that will be offered in 2023 with four floor plans ranging from 3,500 pounds to 4,100 pounds, said Lynn Bontrager, Imagine plant manager."

Can't wait to see what the forth floor plan looks like. This AIM line is more than just a me-too product in that it differentiates itself with some new offerings not found in the competition - notably a tankless water heater, a 2" accessory hitch, a modern solar package with new components, and a new 12V refrigerator - all of this with the traditional GD quality. The counter space and drawers are exceptional. Most smaller travel trailers are not 8' wide either. The Geo Pro, E Pro and No Boundaries are all competitors but the AIM line blows them away with space and amenities. For example, the 23 Geo Pro's and E Pro's don't have tankless water heater and their counter and drawer space is extremely limited. Also, the GD refrigerator is larger. The No Boundaries doesn't have a receiver hitch or outside shower.

However, after my glowing remarks above, I remain concerned about a single axle and would welcome additional details on the axle itself and if it can truly handle the loads. Also, I wonder if the 4th model, at 4100 lbs, is also a single axle model. I would think not.

Does anyone have additional insights?
    Last edited by traveldawg; 09-20-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: removed link and changed reference to article. New, unsponsoring, users limited to not including URLs until

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12