User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    The fuse blowing is the first symptom of failng fans. That is what mine did. It will blow somtimes when one fan fails. When they both fail, it will blow all the time.
    Thanks huntingdog. I'm inclined to agree with you. Can you supply the info on the fans you used?

And how the heck did you get to the two top fans?
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Thanks huntingdog. I'm inclined to agree with you. Can you supply the info on the fans you used?

And how the heck did you get to the two top fans?
    You have to pull the fridge. It is not as hard as it looks. I had to remove the island to make room.
    I actually have mismatched fans. I ordered a pair, then dropped one of them breaking it. With no time to order another, I went to best Buy and got a similar one. You are looking for some degree of water resistance, that means the bearings are sealed. Also the better fans will state how many hours they are rated to last. I opted for 50,000 hours. Other than that, go by price.
    IIRC, they were 5" fans
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. Thanks.

For now, I might get one of those aftermarket kits that attach to the upper vent. Not sure if I have time to pull the fridge.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I've determined the fans work. I pulled the small fan from the bottom and connected to a 9V batter and it works. So the fans are not getting power. The 2 fuses in the black box Chris posted are both good. So I need to find out where the power for the 3 external fans come from and if there's another fuse I'm not seeing.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, I've determined the fans work. I pulled the small fan from the bottom and connected to a 9V batter and it works. So the fans are not getting power. The 2 fuses in the black box Chris posted are both good. So I need to find out where the power for the 3 external fans come from and if there's another fuse I'm not seeing.
    You may have a relay between the limit switch attached to the end of the top fins (back of fridge) and the fans. Also verify the limit switch works. You can jump across it to verify the relay - if you have one works
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I downloaded the service manual and it's got a lot more info. I'll check into that tomorrow.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, check the thermal switch on the left end of the condenser at the top of the frige. If the switch is open, the fans will not get any power. There is no "other fuse" that protect the fans on our Norcold 2118. Does the front control panel light up and display information? If so, the 12V fuse is good.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, that's where I'm going at this point. I'll check it in the morning. Going by the schematic that could very well be the answer.

Ron
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, they way the thermal switch is situated I can barely see the side of it but can't get to it to jump it.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, got it figured out. I was able to bend the baffle in to get to the wires on the thermo switch, jumped the wires and the fans come on. I'll replace the switch then bend the baffle back out to it's original position. Thanks for putting on the right trail....
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast