User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem awhile back. Sometimes your check valve can get a small amount of debris caught in it causing a slow leak back to the tank. If you haven’t already tried this, make sure you have plenty of water in the tank and open a valve to make the pump run at full for 10 minutes. Luckily it cleared the valve and problem solved. I have since carried rebuild parts.
    2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
    Reflection 260 RD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a suggestion, but is there any chance you turned on the switch in the outside compartment where the handheld shower is?

There is a pump switch there and if you turned it on, that could be the answer to your question. I have not gone through all the responses so it may have been suggested to you already.

I have a 2014 reflection same model as you. Check for moisture under your electrical panel where all the fuses etc. are located, straightahead from the main door.

They’re all located below the control panel at the bottom. Check for moisture there, we could not figure out why we were getting moisture at that point.

Turns out, when my son went in there from the underbelly, there is a joint right there that is the most difficult spot in the world to get at.

Whoever it was….directly from the factory put that joint in, cracked it, and we believe from day one it has been leaking, seems to be the worst when everything is full up, it is a very difficult one to locate.

We removed the joint, with great difficulty and put in a new one and a new piece of pipe to ensure we had everything sealed off. Solved the problem, factory direct problem!

One of the things that is so important with the reflection is the Kant leak system in general is to ensure that you never have water pressure on from a water source when you are changing the settings on the control panel on the outside !

If you’re changing anything with the dial setting i.e. putting it to city water, make sure that whatever you have hooked up with pressure, you turn it off at the source unhook the hose, to take the pressure off, and then change the Dials to a New setting!

Otherwise you’re looking at screwing up the rubber pieces inside the control unit. Was given some great information shortly after purchasing, to ensure we always took the pressure off. Also make sure you have a pressure unit between your water source hose and the control panel. Wishing you the best! Dennis

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, I know I note a lot of folks, make reference to the relief valve, and have been flicking it on and off!

I was scolded severely by a long time camper, who said doing that will cause that relief valve to fail. Then you really have a problem! If you’re concerned that the water tank is not full, he said turn on the hot water tap, and see if there’s water coming through.

Just a suggestion to be careful with that relief valve. It appears a lot of people, spend a lot of time cracking nothing open and shutting it!

Just a word of caution! I hate being reprimanded! FYI! Dennis

Be assured I am not reprimanding you! L O L, as they say!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisLoriGD View Post
    FYI, I know I note a lot of folks, make reference to the relief valve, and have been flicking it on and off!

I was scolded severely by a long time camper, who said doing that will cause that relief valve to fail. Then you really have a problem! If you’re concerned that the water tank is not full, he said turn on the hot water tap, and see if there’s water coming through.

Just a suggestion to be careful with that relief valve. It appears a lot of people, spend a lot of time cracking nothing open and shutting it!

Just a word of caution! I hate being reprimanded! FYI! Dennis

Be assured I am not reprimanding you! L O L, as they say!
    Respectfully, the old timers advice was not correct. In fact, one test to assure the valve operates correctly is to open it and release it. It should snap closed quickly and not leak. I worked for a company that made such valves and there is nothing in the mechanism you can damage by opening it. If you open it and it sticks, a few flicks should clear it, but if not it needs to be replaced. You didn’t break it.

Opening this valve can release any air trapped inside the tank that can cause the pump to short cycle.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening the relief valve is fine if you do it fairly frequently. Opening it after a few years of not using it will probably result in a valve that now will not seal. That's been my experience, and I never mess with it. That's just me.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Opening the relief valve is fine if you do it fairly frequently. Opening it after a few years of not using it will probably result in a valve that now will not seal. That's been my experience, and I never mess with it. That's just me.
    In fact, these valves should be “exercised” yearly by opening and letting it snap closed. A good valve should close without leaking. If it doesn’t open smoothly, doesn’t close quickly, sticks or leaks, it is defective and not protecting against excess pressure. The only way to know it will work when it must, is to do this test yearly. Letting it sit undisturbed is not advisable. The fact that it does leak means it HAS failed already. You need to know that it has failed. All it takes is a control failure for the tank to overheat and that’s when the valve must work! I’ve had this happed on a new Coleman I once owned.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Respectfully, the old timers advice was not correct. In fact, one test to assure the valve operates correctly is to open it and release it. It should snap closed quickly and not leak. I worked for a company that made such valves and there is nothing in the mechanism you can damage by opening it. If you open it and it sticks, a few flicks should clear it, but if not it needs to be replaced. You didn’t break it.....
    Sanity prevails!!!!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great advice!!
    Dennis

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Might be a bad pressure switch in the pump.

Rob
    X2

Keep in mind the coroplast can and will retain water (pools in the underbelly) for some time prior a visible leak actually showing up. If it is a very small leak it might take days to show up.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 315RLTS and mine was doing this. It was the connection of the white flex hose in the nautilus box. They used a flex hose on a pex fitting which doesn't seal properly and the hose clamp seemed super tight but not tight enough. The first time I fixed it I just tightened the clamp more. About a month later it started doing it again and I had to tighten a 2nd time, no more problem since then.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast