User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major electrical problem

I have a 2017 Solitude, 384 GK. I was withdrawing both awnings at the same time and I had a major electrical outage. Here are the basics of what is not working: Living room LED lights, water heater, awnings, buttons on the monitor panel: battery, black tank, etc don’t light up.
    My son has checked the fuses, circuit breakers, batteries, converter, and they are all ok.
    What could be causing the outage?
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Also I live full time in my RV.
    Becky
    Last edited by Beckyr; 09-26-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky,

I'm pretty sure that, by retracting both awnings at the same time, you blew a fuse that's behind the control panel. Others on the forum have experienced this. The other things you mention are all on the 12VDC side of the system and are not affected by the 120VAC system such as the circuit breakers, etc. Did your son also check the 12VDC fuses on the panel to the side of the circuit breakers? You may find a problem there, too, but the issue is most likely the fuse behind the control panel where the awning switches are. You'll have to remove the screws that fasten that panel and gently pull it out from the cabinet to see behind it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I didn't know there were fuses behind the control panel. I will have my son check that out tomorrow when he comes home from work.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    you blew a fuse that's behind the control panel.
    There's a really smart place to put a fuse.......the engineer that came up with that deserves....

If he was in charge of the spare it would be behind the front cap! lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A while back I helped a fellow camper with a similar issue on their Solitude. It ended up being the fuse for the control panel itself. The little red light next to the fuse didn't come on even though the fuse was bad. Pull and visually check the panel fuse.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first place to look is on the DC fuse panel. Are any red lights lit? If so, replace that fuse. While there may be fuses behind the fuse panel I don't think it controls all the voltage to the panel. So start at the obvious place first - the main fuse panel.

It's been my experience that all the power for the control panel is fed from one 15 amp fuse on the main fuse panel. And if you try to operate both awnings at the same time it will blow that fuse.

fwiw.... I've rewired my control panel for there is a separate 15 amp circuit to each awning - no more blown fuses now.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son checked that 2amp fuse behind the control panel and it was good. But the Monitor Panel fuse has a red light and there is no power to it, but the fuse is good. Need more help.
    Thanks,
    Becky
    Becky,

I'm pretty sure that, by retracting both awnings at the same time, you blew a fuse that's behind the control panel. Others on the forum have experienced this. The other things you mention are all on the 12VDC side of the system and are not affected by the 120VAC system such as the circuit breakers, etc. Did your son also check the 12VDC fuses on the panel to the side of the circuit breakers? You may find a problem there, too, but the issue is most likely the fuse behind the control panel where the awning switches are. You'll have to remove the screws that fasten that panel and gently pull it out from the cabinet to see behind it.

Rob

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckyr View Post
    My son checked that 2amp fuse behind the control panel and it was good. But the Monitor Panel fuse has a red light and there is no power to it, but the fuse is good. Need more help.
    Thanks,
    Becky
    If there's a red light on for the monitor panel fuse, either the fuse is bad or something is not making contact. Did your son try replacing that fuse with another to see if the light would go out and functions were restored? How did he determine that the fuse is good? It really needs to be checked with an ohm meter if you don't have a replacement to try.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major electrical problem

If there's a red light on for the monitor panel fuse, either the fuse is bad or something is not making contact. Did your son try replacing that fuse with another to see if the light would go out and functions were restored? How did he determine that the fuse is good? It really needs to be checked with an ohm meter if you don't have a replacement to try.

Rob
    Agree with Rob, unless you do a resistance test, the fuse can “Look” good and not be. Fuses are cheap enough, just replace it.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the quick reply. I need to find the answer and get my hot water heater working.
    Yes he used an ohm meter to check all the fuses and wires. It seems there is no power on the wire going into that fuse that says monitor panel. Hope that makes sense. The wire is attached but just no power to it. Where would it originate and could the problem be at that end? I’m just guessing, I know nothing, I’m just the go between.
    Becky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast