Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Out Floor Gap Inside

Greetings, 2021 22mle here.
    Been a hot minute since I’ve been on here. We have a new tiny human that has kept us quite busy, but are thinking of making a camping trip.

Went out to check things over and realized the cable for one side of the sofa to make it recline was finicky. When I laid down to have a look underneath I noticed one corner of the slide is resting on the ground inside the trailer with the slide fully closed. while the side with the oven/fridge has a decent size gap between the slide and floor.

Intrigued I put the slide out fully and the gap floor side became even all the way across. It did not rip the floor but I can see a slight indentation in the vinyl where the corner has rested.

It’s the schwintek slide and I can’t find anything about how adjust it, only to sync it. Which I did have to do a few camping trips ago. Only instead of bringing the slide in 6 ish inches and back out, I ended up quickly pressing in and then extend several times over and over to make tiny adjustments. Mainly because it would only come in a few inches on one side and an inch on the other so it took a bunch of trial and error for length of time I held the button.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Greetings, 2021 22mle here.
    Been a hot minute since I’ve been on here. We have a new tiny human that has kept us quite busy, but are thinking of making a camping trip.

Went out to check things over and realized the cable for one side of the sofa to make it recline was finicky. When I laid down to have a look underneath I noticed one corner of the slide is resting on the ground inside the trailer with the slide fully closed. while the side with the oven/fridge has a decent size gap between the slide and floor.

Intrigued I put the slide out fully and the gap floor side became even all the way across. It did not rip the floor but I can see a slight indentation in the vinyl where the corner has rested.

It’s the schwintek slide and I can’t find anything about how adjust it, only to sync it. Which I did have to do a few camping trips ago. Only instead of bringing the slide in 6 ish inches and back out, I ended up quickly pressing in and then extend several times over and over to make tiny adjustments. Mainly because it would only come in a few inches on one side and an inch on the other so it took a bunch of trial and error for length of time I held the button.

Any thoughts?
    Hi Jane,

I can’t speak to the gap, but based on the way it was coming in on you it is definitely out of sync. We’re you able to close it all the way?

Did you try to extend it all the way then retract all the way? If so, did it go evenly after your adjustment?

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new tiny human. Prior to this, when you operate your slide, do you hold the button for a few seconds after the slide stops moving when extending or retracting? Holding the button helps keep the motors in synch. I'd agree, does sound out of synch, I would try the resynch process.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I was able to close it all the way a few camping trips ago when it was out of sync and stuck open. It has since opened and closed fine since then, but I have not synced it since then. Though I do have a screen shot of the procedure and shall give it a go.

I do hold the button down until the motors make their little adjustments and the noise stops + a couple of seconds. both when extending and retracting.

Here is the method I did when the slide was stuck out.

Held the button to retract until motors engaged, but not long enough for the slide to move. Then held the button to extend until the motors stopped making noise + couple second longer. Repeated that a number of times.

I know the other method is to bring the slide in 6 ish inches and extend fully, holding the button until motors stop + a couple of a seconds. And repeat.

I’ll check the manual as well when I am home and report back.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update. I synced the slide, but it still hangs lower in the one corner where the couch sits.

The motors when retracting it inward turn off together, while when extending it outward I hear the motors shut off one after the other and see the slide make small adjustments as I hold the button down for an extra few seconds.

As far as I know this is how it’s always been. But did watch a sync video where it mentions both motors should shut off together.