User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    It’s a real concern when you’re 6’4” and have to keep your head in the skylight.
    I'm 6'4" as well. I've lost track of the number of times I've hit my head on the upper shower door rail (among other things) in our old Reflection.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent Grand Design the VIN# of the new Solitude 373FB-R we ordered late last month and asked if it would come with a shower curtain or glass shower doors. They replied this morning and said "The standard floorplan for the Solitude 373FB-R includes a glass shower door".

My wife was really looking forward to a shower curtain for ease of cleaning and the ability to change the design of the curtain whenever she wanted so she will be disappointed. I didn't really care either way as they both have their pros and cons.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I'm 6'4" as well. I've lost track of the number of times I've hit my head on the upper shower door rail (among other things) in our old Reflection.
    As Bob Newhart would say, "Stop it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I sent Grand Design the VIN# of the new Solitude 373FB-R we ordered late last month and asked if it would come with a shower curtain or glass shower doors. They replied this morning and said "The standard floorplan for the Solitude 373FB-R includes a glass shower door".

My wife was really looking forward to a shower curtain for ease of cleaning and the ability to change the design of the curtain whenever she wanted so she will be disappointed. I didn't really care either way as they both have their pros and cons.
    My 375 RES has the shower curtain with the shower rod that curves outward. I must say it is MUCH roomier with the curtain. I got tired of banging my hind end on the shower doors in the Reflection haha!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    6'3 285 and prefer the doors
    To each their own, I've had doors and now have a curtain. I much more prefer the curtain. I don't get that cramped feeling.
    [/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Our Reflection came with the weird disappearing squeegee shower curtain gizmo, which I liked, but I got tired of walking into the top bar that it rode on.
    I’m 6’5” so I removed it and installed a regular shower curtain and rod near the ceiling.
    I still have to duck a little but if I do forget, the pole is round and doesn’t hurt as much.

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody has a preference, but I prefer doors. Weight? Who cares? My guess is that weight has zero to do with it - but I'd bet that cost has a LOT to do with it. The only downside I can see with doors is that if you are careless in securing them, they break and that can be expensive.

If you want to know what's on your new coach, call GD. However, if it's curtains and you want doors, I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Everybody has a preference, but I prefer doors. Weight? Who cares? My guess is that weight has zero to do with it - but I'd bet that cost has a LOT to do with it. The only downside I can see with doors is that if you are careless in securing them, they break and that can be expensive.

If you want to know what's on your new coach, call GD. However, if it's curtains and you want doors, I don't think there's much you can do about it.
    You must have a dually.
    Wish I did, it would be great to have another 3000 pounds of payload capacity and not have to worry about weight. Ever.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    You must have a dually.
    Wish I did, it would be great to have another 3000 pounds of payload capacity and not have to worry about weight. Ever.

Yeah - I don't care much about weight, as long as I'm balanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dealer said that GD had an issue getting the glass doors for a bit. That was why there were several “curtain” units until they were able to get the issue corrected. We got the doors because our young kids and the idea of them getting water all over the floor by accident.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast