User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaaay glad to hear it came in Brian, can't wait to see pics of the full body paint! Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you can get outta Dodge before real winter weather hits. Please post lots of pics!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest update-
    The dealer called today and said the earliest they can schedule the walk through is this Friday the 7th. It will be just short of 16 weeks from order to delivery.
    @huntr70 was right on with the delivery estimate he made back in August.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the big day to finally pick up our new rig!!! Our dealer did a fantastic job with the PDI three years ago when we bought our Reflection. It was clean and in great shape. They didn't need to fix anything before we drove off with it. I'm hoping the same is true today! Our walk through appointment is set for 1:00 but we're going to show up 90 minutes early to do our own PDI without being interrupted by staff. We have a good PDI check list and each of us has items we will work on. Having owned a Reflection, we are very familiar with the systems. I really just want to hear what they have to say about the hydraulics and inverter - both of which are new to us with the Solitude.

We have a ton of work to do on the RV and I'm hoping we can get out of the dealership fast. I don't want tp spend an hour in the finance office listening to sales pitches for extended warranties, paint sealants, fabric protectors, etc. I just want to hand them a cashier's check and get out of there.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping all goes well Brian! Good Luck!

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very best of luck with your PDI!
    I don't want to spend an hour in the finance office listening to sales pitches for extended warranties, paint sealants, fabric protectors, etc. I just want to hand them a cashier's check and get out of there.
    Same thing when I bought my truck! I told the finance guy "save your time and mine. Here's the check and I'm not spending a dime more".

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulation on the new rig. I hope all go's well for you. We are also going to Palm Springs but only at the end of February. Where do you usually stay?

John
    Pam & John

2017 Ford F350 CCSB Diesel
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!
    @polarisimpala - We stay at Outdoor Resort Palm Springs
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After what seemed like a six month wait, we finally picked up our new Solitude 373FB-R last night. The dealer was supposed to have it ready for just my wife and I to do a PDI prior to the dealer's walk through but it wasn't ready. That set us back an hour. We were able to walk around and look at the outside. The dealer didn't wash it and it was filthy after being pulled 2,000 miles to Oregon. After paying $11,000 for full body paint, it was a very underwhelming first impression. Looked like cr*p!! We then found a screw almost ready to fall out and a basement door that wasn't adjusted properly with another screw falling out. One door wouldn't open, the other wouldn't close. Those were the first things we looked at so we were super bummed.

Once they pulled it out of the tight spot it was in and opened the slides we were able to go inside. Our mood changed pretty fast then because they did a great job prepping the interior. There were zero issues and it was very clean. The finish work was much better than our Reflection. Very happy with it! Other than the loose screws and the basement doors that needed to be adjusted, the only other issue was actually the biggest. I climbed up on the roof and discovered a large area at the very top of the front cap that was only painted with one fast swipe of the paint gun. The black paint barely covered the white fiberglass. We will get that fixed in April when we return home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	16679

While installing the EMS today, we found one of the heating ducts was pinched pretty bad. I'll fix that later.

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	16680

Today we managed to get the Sailun tires and Ford TPMS sensors installed, power washed the undercarriage and suspension, calibrated the auto level system, greased the suspension, installed Jack Pads, got the washer/dryer/dishwasher into the RV (but not installed yet) and got the rig washed. The EMS was a royal pain in the *ss to install. I've had a beer in the back of the fridge for about a year and I'm drinking that while I try to recover.

Tomorrow I'm planning on installing the washer/dryer/dishwasher, Sleep Number bed, Ford TMPS receiver and backup camera and finally the MORryde cargo box. The satellite dish will have to wait until we get to Palm Springs. Too cold here for the roof sealant.

Name:	IMG_0795.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	16681
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention - the truck dropped 1 3/8" when I hooked up the RV and it sits pretty danged level. Pin weight was 2,900lbs unloaded. I haven't installed the washer and dryer yet but at this point I see no need for air bags. That may change once they're installed.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian
    Glad you finally got it. Sorry for the paint and other issues. The paint is reply sad that they missed that big spot , you would think for the money that would not happen.
    Have fun putting your garage full of stuff in there , hope it all fits.
    Happy camping and be safe.

Another Brian

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast