User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S-class?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is quite of difference. Has framed windows instead of frameless. Four point electric levelers instead of six point hydraulic. No central vac. I think a different king pin No dishwasher set up. There may be more. We liked it and ordered one yesterday

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one we ordered will have shower doors and don’t remember sink being extra small

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Steve! Congratulations! Great floor plan. The counter space next to the stove is really nice. I see some model builds have the recliners with the middle arm rest and others
    don't. (8/18 build = no 1/19 = yes). I hope you really enjoy your upgrade and it's all you want it to be.

Congratulations again,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning, yes it will be quite a change. Ours has 6 point auto electric leveling. That is what I wanted. I don't want hydraulic leveling. It has better insulation like the Solitude line and the windows open wide for air circulation. SOB we looked at have pop out windows, don't like those. We did look at one of the Jayco models with the Farm House white interior. Its is lighter inside but the color is like a distressed white and looks cheesy.
    All the windows have the roll up shades except the window behind the stove it is accordion style. With all the windows the 3350 has its pretty light inside even with the Java interior. We can live with that. The fridge is the 12 CU. FT. exactly what we wanted and looks like you can open one side door of the fridge with the slide in. If not no biggie, a small ice chest will work fine while on the road. We keep it simple, most times eat off paper plates.

Bathroom - Ours has the shower curtain and that is exactly what the wife wanted. Says it will be easier to keep clean, just replace it, she didn't want the shower doors. The ones in our home look nice and modern but are a bear to keep clean from streaks and the tracks are hard to keep clean. Yeah the bathroom sinks are a little small but not much more than our home bathroom has. I told her how big of a sink do you need to spit in!

We don't want carpet and this fits the bill, no carpet in the bedroom, 3 year warranty congoleum floors except for the dinning slide, so not much need for a central vacuum. She keeps a small shark vacuum cleaner in our unit now and it works fine.
    It has a Jensen entertainment system and we'll see how that works out. We have a smaller surround sound system in our home that will work perfect in the new RV. We are not big fans of howling entertainment systems anyway, especially in the smaller confined space of an RV, I don't care about outside speakers, will never have them on to bother our neighbors.
    I am curious about the AC unit noise. Both AC units are ducted together, coleman. We'll see how "Stealthy" it is. MaxxAir Fans with rain sensor

It does have the Solid Quad entry step, we'll see how that works out, probably add another hand rail lower down on the steps, saw a couple RVs at the show that had a lower hand rail. Its easy to fold up into the RV one handed. Has exterior rear LED tail and turn signal lights the rest look incandescent. In all the places I looked it has convoluted tubing around the wiring harnesses and looks well done and neat. At least the places you can see. Looked up into the pin box, clean, well ordered no surprises there. Felt like an ant crawling around all over the thing and crawling underneath.

I dug the specific weight sheet out of the black bag, the unit was built 8/30/2018 so not transport in winter weather. The underside looks good no rust on the frame rails or inside the bottom of the slides. A look inside the water heater compartment for corrosion looked good and clean. Inspected the outside for transport damage, none found. My god that storage compartment is huge! 4000# plus CCC.

One thing I was disappointed about, it has the equa-flex suspension with wet bolts in the area of the equalizer and shackles only. The spring ends where mounted to the frame hangers are not wet bolts. Why the hell would they only do it halfway. That will have to be changed. the spare tire was firmly snugged up to the underside, that will have to get a safety pin. There will be things that will have to be changed and will keep a list.

Wife said standing there looking at it, this thing is a monster compared to our Imagine. Not really, that feeling will go away in a hurry once we start using it.

Our Dream Is Alive!!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-24-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

Well they gave us a 30% discount on the unit $75,862 down to $53,103 and gave us almost what we wanted for our Imagine 2950RL. The wife said I can deal with the Java interior! BAM it was over!
    Congrats! Enjoy the new 3350, it's a pretty good floorplan and should be very comfortable and the basement is big!

That was pretty much the same deal we were offered for the 3350 RL-R . That was an out the door price here in FL . But the trade offer was beyond horrible so we walked.
    We're Interested in an uppgrade but not desperate to do it.
    They (Lazy Days) had a few in stock and 2 of them were in pretty rough condition , plus we aren't over confident with their service after the sale. That was our sign to wait for the bed in the nose we really want and make the deal at home (even if we aren't there much) where we know we got good service after the sale.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Was talking with a sales guy at Explorer USA this weekend. Wanted to see what kind of deal they would make us on a 3350RL. They don't have any and didn't think he could get one in the trim we want. He was telling me that GD is discontinuing the 3350RL S-Class. Said he got that information from their GD rep, and that sales are low on the 3350RL. They only thing they had in stock was the 2930RL & 3740BH. Said they were not getting any more 3350's. Its only been out a couple years!
    We toured the 2930 and the wife likes it but I don't shine up to the the bedroom set up. I really like the 3350RL but if they are going to discontinue it, it maybe off my list.
    Guess I may have to fall back to the Reflection 337RL.
    The 3350 is NOT being discontinued.

I just placed an order for 2 stock units, and verified with Rob Groover (head of the Solitude line) that they are not discontinuing this model.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    having toured many different models of GD, my take on the "S" class is it is somewhat between a Solitude and reflection. A blend of both. Not quite a solitude in "nicety", nicer than a reflection.
    YMMV
    I posed the same question to the salesman who in turn consulted with other salesmen and essentially this is what they alluded to.. Except the example they gave was Keystone Montana vs their High Country line, where more creature comforts and upgrades in some of the mechanical components in the Montana.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The 3350 is NOT being discontinued.

I just placed an order for 2 stock units, and verified with Rob Groover (head of the Solitude line) that they are not discontinuing this model.
    Steve, that's very good news for a great floor plan in our opinion. Yup, there is bad info out there, perhaps because they were contemplating some tweaks to the the floor plan and then renaming it. Before we got all rapped up in our deal, the GD and Crestview RV sales guy were saying there were some tweaks coming to the floor plans but didn't know know all the specifics. Example, Wife said wouldn't it be great if the 3350RL had the bathroom of the 2930RL-R, she likes the second pocket door leading from the bedroom to bath but likes the orientation of the 3350RL bedroom.

In any event, doesn't matter, good news for the 3350RL S-Class and thanks for getting the straight skinny out there.
    For us the Java interior was not a deal breaker, it just made it seem lighter inside with the Linen interior. Then again the 3350RL has a lot more and bigger windows to let more light in. The wife said the wood trim in the 3350RL seems lighter than what we have. It could be a little lighter wood trim than what we have now and could be with the Linen interior it only seems lighter because of the lighter color of the recliners and tri-fold sofa.

I told her it doesn't matter anymore, we got the unit we wanted and at the price we wanted, now its time to put everything else aside and enjoy what will be our new home eventually!
    Dang, how much crap can you put into a 2950RL? Seems like we kept pulling more stuff out. HAHA! Just wait till we get the 3350RL home and all loaded up!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you guys got a great deal on what you wanted....nice feeling! Congrats!!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123