Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Is GD "leather" furniture as bad as Keystone? Our theatre seating has disintegrated.
    I’ve read that some have been really bad. It seems most, not all, but most are the older unit furniture having issues. I have had no issues with deterioration on ours.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I kinda didn't want to get into a diesel discussion but. I personally wouldn't want to tow this trailer with gas. I also live in the Northwest and travel over mountain passes frequently. The sound of a gas engine chatting along at 4000+ rpm isn't music to my ears. Also, a TT presents more wind resistance than a 5er.
    In any case, the 6.4 is a great engine and will tow this just fine. Curious, why not tow with your current truck?
    I'm with the Chief. Why sell the dually? I have one and would keep it to pull the 315RLTS. The 315 a big, long travel trailer and I think you would miss the stability of the dual rear wheels and the torque of the diesel engine. The 315 is a nice TT - I've been inside one and, except for being on one level, it's hard to tell it from the Reflection fifth wheels.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    The Dually is beating me up.
    I'm surprised your truck rides that rough. Are you driving on gravel roads with washboard? My DRW truck is very smooth on paved roads. Not as smooth as a 1978 Buick but still it's very comfortable to ride in - and I've had two back surgeries

If I already owned a dually, I wouldn't replace it with a 2500 for towing. I might get a 3500 SRW if I needed something smaller to fit in my garage but that would be the only reason for moving away from a more capable tow vehicle - and paying money to do it!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^i guess rough is relative. No gravel roads but lots of freeway construction in the Houston area. Loaded with the 5th or the cabover it's fine. Its the empty ride that's killing me. I'm aired down to 36psi in the back. I can't go back to a 3500 SRW, I just traded that for this dually. LOL And it fits in the garage fine.
    We have a ways to go before we start doing any buying. I have a cabover to sell and a 5th to sell or trade. Might go talk to a small country dealer that has a 315. Strangely he is advertising a price , 42,999, which I thought was against GD policy. All else I see have the MSRP and call for a price.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with everyone else. If I had a new dually I wouldn't go backwards to a lesser truck to tow our 315RLTS. I don't think you'll see that big of a difference in the ride to take a loss on your truck.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the loss will be substantial. We're talking this morning about alternatives. We really aren't sure where this is going.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow with a 2008 Silverado 6.0 liter vortex and I have been from coast to coast with no problems. I pass all the trucks going up the mountains and in tow mode the trans down shifts and keeps me from over heating the trailer breaks, which I periodically will touch. One thing to consider, the longer the wheel base on the truck the more stable the combination. I have a crew cab with an 8 foot bed. The truck is 22 foot long and the combination tows very smooth and stable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We frequently tow up and down 35 & 45, and many times I’ve wished for a DRW for a little more stability. We use the Blue Ox Sway Pro 2000, with the 2.5 shank and 2000 bars. Since we dry camp a minimum of 7 weekends per year (football games) we normally have quite a bit of tongue weight due to a full load of water and 2 generators mounted on the tongue.

It’s a very long trailer and combination even with our 6.5 bed, and when coming over a hill into a crosswind there’s a lot of surface area and length beyond the axles to put a moment force on the truck. If I had a DRW Diesel I know I’d definitely keep it.
    2017 315RLTS
    2011 F-250 6.7

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I tow my 9,000 lb Reflection 30BH 5er with an F350 SRW diesel and it tows great, I previously towed a 9,000 lb 29 ft Jayco TT behind a SRW and definately wished I had the stability of a DRW. Before you trade the dually, visit a reputable suspension shop and see what they recommend. There are numerous air and airless kits for truck leveling that may help your ride. Also, a good equalizer hitch will take away some of the banging and chucking you get wit h a heavy 5er. Good luck.

On the question of furniture, My reflection is 2 1/2 years old and the leather-look furniture shows no wear. We use it every weekend of the year, and a few long weeks each year with an ornery small dog that lives on the furniture. No problems yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12